The fans from all around the world have already called this match “the fight of the year”.
This is the biggest fight in the history of Joshua’s boxing career. Klitschko is participating in the fight as a Challenger for the first time in 10 years. This fight is already known as “Klitschko’s experience vs. Joshua’s youth”.
What will this fight be like and what are the forecasts?
The battle is officially appointed
The promoter Eddie Hern has officially announced that Anthony Joshua next fight, which will take place on April 29 at Wembley Stadium, will be held with Wladimir Klitschko.
The fight will be for at least three titles – the belt IBF owned by Joshua as well as IBO and WBA belts that agreed to sanction the fight as the champion fight.
Wladimir Klitschko review
Wladimir Klitschko is a Ukrainian professional boxer in the heavy weight category.
He became the Champion of the XXVI Olympic Games in the “over 91 kg” weight category (1996). He is also ex-world champion in the heavyweight category according to the WBO (2000-2003, 2008-2015), IBF (2006-2015), IBO (2006-2015), WBA (2011-2015), as well as according to the respected magazine The Ring ( 2009-2015).
His best rank in Pound for Pound is 2 (2014-2015).
Anthony Joshua review
Anthony Joshua is an undefeated British professional boxer in the heavy weight category.
He was the Olympic champion of the XXX Olympic Games (2012) in the weight category over 91 kg as well as the world champion according to IBF in heavy weight (2016-present.), the Winner of the UK Championship title according to the BBBofC (2015-present.) and Commonwealth champion title (2015-present.).
He was the most promising boxer in 2014 according to the respected «The Ring» magazine. He was awarded the Order of the British Empire (2013). He was also the first athlete in the history of heavyweight boxing who won professional league title while being the current Olympic champion in the heavyweight class.
ANTHONY JOSHUA -WHY DO I HAVE TO DISRESPECT KLITSCHKO? / ON WEMBLEY CLASH -APRIL 29 & EUBANK ITV PPV
ANTHONY JOSHUA -‘WHY DO I HAVE TO DISRESPECT KLITSCHKO?’ /TALKS WEMBLEY CLASH – APRIL 29 & EUBANK ITV PPV INTERVIEW BY KUGAN CASSIUS Don’t miss the action – tune into BoxNation, Sky Sports and BT Sports and watch the fights live. Not signed up?
The British boxer has not only ever lost a single fight in the pros, but also completed all of his 18 matches ahead of time. He is 27 years old, his height is 198 cm with the arm span of 208 cm.
Wladimir Klitschko has had 68 fights and was defeated in 4 of them. At the time of the fight he will be 41 years old, his height is 198 cm and his arm span is 206 cm.
- Bookmakers consider Joshua a slight favorite of the match. Thus, the coefficient for the victory of the British boxer is 1.75, while the one for Klitschko’s victory is 2.08, the coefficient for the draw is 25.
- According to Vladimir Klitschko, Anthony Joshua next fight with him will be the battle of Experience with Youth. The British, in his turn, said that he had never fought with opponents of Wladimir Klitschko’s level.
- The well-known boxer from England, ex-world heavyweight champion David Haye believes that Klitschko will lose in the upcoming fight against Anthony Joshua, who holds the IBF championship belt.
“I would say that Klitschko looks like a shell of his former self in recent years. It was perfectly obvious in his fight with Tyson Fury. It was the worst fight with Klitschko’s participation that I had been able to see. Therefore, all that Joshua needs is fair refereeing. In this case, the victory will be Anthony’s, since I am sure that he will not let the Ukrainian close to him during the entire fight “, – said Haye.”
- My heart says “Joshua,” but the mind says, “Klitschko”. However, if Joshua wins, our battle with him will be the biggest event in the heavyweight class”, – said Deontay Wilder (the undefeated American professional boxer).
- A respected British bookmaker William Hill has published rates for the next fight with Wladimir Klitschko. They do not consider the Ukrainian to be the favorite of the pair in the UK. The bets for the victory of both athletes are accepted with the same coefficient – 1.91. The draw is estimated with a 26.0 rate.
“I think it’s the perfect time…Anthony Joshua will shine brighter than he’s ever shined…Wladimir Klitschko has had his day…I think that Wladimir Klitschko will get disqualified in this fight,” stated former heavyweight champion David Haye, who shared his thoughts on the potential showdown between Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko.
Everything we can do now is make our own predictions and bets while keeping our fingers crossed and try not to miss the important boxing news!
ANTHONY JOSHUA v WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO – OFFICIAL HEAD TO HEAD @ WEMBLEY / JOSHUA v KLITSCHKO Don’t miss the action – tune into BoxNation, Sky Sports and BT Sports and watch the fights live. Not signed up?
Be aware of the latest sports news with Jiji!