Toyota Tacoma is a famous pick-up truck, that has been manufactured by Toyota since 1995. From the beginning, it has been famous as a great powerful vehicle with a lot of room for anything you want and a great off-road performance.
Second generation of the model made the car even bigger and more powerful, so what is the new iteration of the model holds for us? Let’s find out in this Toyota Tacoma 2017 review.
Find the best car for your needs with the Jiji app!
Tacoma has always been one of the best in its segment, and it stays that way, despite all the rising competition from other brands. Despite the changes in design, the main features of the car are under its hood.
1. New features
In most aspects, the 2017 version of Toyota Tacoma is very similar to its 2015 predecessor. Its off-the-road orientation is not limited to specialty models, as it often is in modern pickup trucks and SUVs.
The truck bed movable cleats and is equipped with a power outlet. The main news for a new model is a new TRD Pro trim level, which we will talk more about further.
2. Trim levels
Toyota Tacoma 2017 is introduced in such variations as SR, SR5, TRD Sport and TRD Off-Road, Limited and TRD Pro. Let’s look at them more closely, while also exploring the Toyota Tacoma 2017 specs.
Being the cheapest and the simplest version of the model, but it still offers great off-road capabilities and it is the only trim, which allows you to get rid of the extended cab’s rear seat and make even more space for your stuff.
Under its hood, you will find a 2.7 liter four-cylinder engine, which can offer up to 159 horsepower, or a 3.5 liter V6 with 278 horsepower.
It can be coupled with 5 speed manual or 6 speed automatic transmission and two-wheel or part-time four-wheel drive.
SR5 is the most popular starting point among the pick-up drivers. Its engine choices are the same as for the previous variation, but it comes only with the 6 speed transmission.
It is also can be purchased in a long-wheelbase version, which comes with almost a meter longer crew cab.
2.3. TRD Sport and TRD Off-Road
Both these versions have only a V6 engine option, but you can choose between a two-wheel drive version with six-speed automatic and four-wheeled one with six-speed manual.
The difference between them is in the additional features, which will be explored later on.
2.4. Limited and TRD Pro
These versions are most suitable for the city roads, while still performing great off-road. They are equipped with a V6 engine, four or two-wheel drive and automatic or manual transmission.
Both of them have more class in their design, both exterior and interior.
3. Additional features
Toyota Tacoma 2017 specs are not the only things to be excited about, there are a lot of helpful features, that will make your driving experience much more pleasant.
- The basic Tacoma SR comes with sliding rear window, backup camera, great stereo system, compatible with Bluetooth and USB interfaces and even a GoPro mount.
- SR5 adds to it climate-control, 4.2-inch information screen and smartphone enabled navigation.
- TRD Sport is equipped with a power outlet in the bed, hood scoop and it has a full-packaged navigation and premium audio system with a 7-inch screen.
- TRD Off-Road adds to cars performance with extra skid plates, locable rear differential and advanced traction system. You can update it with the optional package, which includes a sunroof, automatic climate-control and heated seats.
- Limited version is equipped with these additional features from the start, but its most prominent feature is its interior with leather-trimmed seats.
- TRD Pro basically mixes everything that’s great from the versions, mentioned above – hood scoop from the Sport, traction system from the Off-Road and luxury interior from the Limited.
All in all, Toyota Tacoma 2017 lives up to its name with only a few drawbacks – less head space for taller drivers and a bit sharp brakes. Still, this is one of the most masculine cars on the market. Its price range in Nigeria is ₦15,000,000 – 20,000,000.
Buy any generation of Toyota Tacoma with the Jiji app!