Today, people are digging their own grave with a spoon and a fork: one-third of the world’s population is obese, 45% of people have high cholesterol level – and this is without taking into account the diseases of the cardiovascular system, the digestive system, the hormone exchange and other consequences of unhealthy lifestyle and eating habits.
However, you can improve the situation right now – it’s never too late to change your eating habits and start a healthy diet! And our Nigerian food time table for a family will help you!
Too busy to cook healthy food? Save time and effort on online shopping – install updated Jiji app now!
1. Nigerian food time table: 15 fundamental principles of healthy eating
- Balance: the dishes included in the menu of the day should contain the whole complex of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Timetable: always have your meals at the same time, every 3-4 hours.
- Complex carbohydrates (cereals) should be eaten in the mornings.
- Yogurt and cottage cheese are perfect products for your second breakfast. You could as well have some vegetable salad, a handful of dried fruits, a small amount of nuts or some fresh fruit.
- Your ideal lunch is a combination of proteins (meat / poultry / fish), vegetables and complex carbohydrates.
- You can have the same products for your afternoon snack as for the second breakfast. Or you can drink a cup of tea with a sandwich or a cup of cocoa with a couple of pancakes.
- Your dinner menu should include dishes containing a large number of proteins that can break down fats: cottage cheese, fish and low-fat meat are preferred.
- It is best to have dinner 2-3 hours before bedtime. Choose some light meals.
- The size of the serving should be enough to satisfy the hunger but without the feeling of heaviness in the stomach.
- The best cooking methods are baking, boiling and stewing. Fried and smoked food is allowed only occasionally.
- In the mornings, drink 200 ml of water on an empty stomach: this will prepare your intestines for the upcoming day.
- Have only healthy snacks: eat a couple of whole wheat loaves instead of a high-calorie bun and dried fruits instead of sweets.
- A balanced menu should take into account the age and physiological needs of a person.
- In addition to lunch, breakfast and dinner, it is advisable to add a second breakfast and an afternoon snack to the diet.
- Healthy eating should be combined with the drinking regime: drink at least 1.5 liters of clean drinking water every day.
Remember: there is no universal Nigerian food timetable for a healthy diet. But the above principles will change your habits and improve your health if you follow them for a couple of weeks!
Read also: yogurt recipe
2. Weekly Meal Prep for Healthy Eating
PRE-ORDER MY Brand New COOKBOOK “The Domestic Geek’s Meals Made Easy” on Amazon Here: https://amzn.to/2tSxEgE Click here to SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/1dn24vP Visit my NEW HEALTHY MEAL PLANS website to start Meal Planning for FREE NOW: https://www.healthymealplan eBook Bundle | All three Meal Prep Made Easy eBooks for only $12.99: http://bit.ly/MealPrepBundle I’m sharing 7 Meal Prep Recipes that you can prepare on Sunday Night!
Nutritionists advise to plan a weekly menu in advance since this allows not only to adhere to healthy eating, but also helps to save considerable amount of time and financial resources.
3. Food timetable for Nigerian family
Healthy eating weight loss helpful tips
4. Nigerian food timetable for kids
This video is all about what I feed my toddlers! I have a little girl who is 2 (almost 3) and a little boy who is 1 year old! Luckily they are not picky eaters BUT I am always trying to figure out some new healthy meals to feed them to mix it up a little and keep them interested in trying new foods.
5. Nigerian food time table for weight loss
HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT FAST 10 Kgs in 10 Days with Vicky’s Egg Diet Plan | 10 Kgs in 10 Days / 22 LBS | 900 Calories Diet / Meal Plan | 4 Simple Ingredients, Low Cost, Effective, Easy to make Meal Plan that will help you achieve your targets unlike other meal plans with high cost fruits, foods, difficult to remember & follow etc.
Do you know a lot of online shopping apps? Well, we know The-Most-Important-One! Why? Because it really makes your online-shopping fast, convenient and absolutely secure!
Install updated Jiji app now – and try out all the benefits of the new application!