While thousands of Nigerian men and women are busy with finding ways to lose excess weight quickly and effectively, there are people with an opposite problem. There are just as many ladies and gentlemen who are unhappy with their slender figures and want to put on some weight.
There are many reasons why your weight may be lower than average, but, at the end of the day, there is just one way to bring it back to normal, and that’s a proper weight gain food timetable. Find out how to gain weight fast right now!
Achieve a perfect body with the Jiji app
1. Are you really underweight?
Trying to assess the body weight based on the appearance can lead to false results, as you may be looking thin, but your weight may, in fact, be normal. The only way to know for sure if your weight is normal or you have a weight deficiency is to use a BMI table.
Simply find the point on the graph where your weight and height meet – that’s your BMI index. In case you fall in the white sector, it means you do have a weight deficiency and need to put on weight.
2. Why are you not gaining weight?
If you’ve already tried some ways of putting on body mass, for example, exercising at the gym, but haven’t seen any real results, the reason for that may be one of the following conditions:
- Genetic predisposition for low body weight
- The state of depression and constant stress
- Hyperthyroidism and other thyroid conditions
- Problems with the gastrointestinal system
- Issues with the adrenal glands
3. How to gain weight
Like the diet timetable for weight loss when you need to lose weight, a Nigerian food timetable for weight gain is only part of the solution to the weight deficiency problem. To start gaining weight, you need to follow some basic principles that work in every case of weight problems.
The most important principle is the calorie count. In order to begin putting up weight, you need to consume at least 40 calories for every kilogram of your starting weight. For example, if you weigh 55 kilos, your daily calorie intake should be at least 55 kilos x 40 calories = 2200 calories.
Calculating the calories by hand may be very time-consuming. Luckily, today you only need a smartphone with a calorie counting app and kitchen weights – simply enter the amount of each food you eat and let the app do the calculations for you.
It’s also important to keep your meals on a regular schedule and have snacks in between the main three meals of the day. Don’t forget to include physical exercise into your weight gain plan – only then you can expect visible results and a new body.
4. Fast weight gain foods
The products you consume have a direct impact on your weight, which is why anyone concerned about their weight should find out everything about Nigerian foods that make you fat. Here are some everyday foods that are surprisingly effective in helping you put on weight.
- Milk. Milk and other dairy products should be the staple of your weight gain diet. Make sure you’re drinking 3 to 4 glasses of whole milk a day, as skim milk is not as good at helping you gain body mass.
- Proteins. Protein-rich foods are a favorite of many athletes, and you can use them to your advantage as well. Dairy, meat, seafood, nuts, and certain vegetables can help you put on weight quickly and efficiently.
- Carbohydrates. Here we’re talking about a special kind of carbohydrates, which are known as slow carbs. They fuel your body and give you the energy to go about your day. Brown rice, wholewheat pasta and bread, and unrefined grains should be in your diet every day.
- Fats. Fats are known to help people gain weight, but not every kind of fat will do. You should stick to unsaturated fats, which are better for your body and can be found in olive oil, fish, nuts, and avocado.
Look beautiful every day with the Jiji app