Gbegiri soup is a soup made of black-eyed or brown beans that is very much loved in Nigeria. This tasty dish is ridiculously easy to cook. It’s normally eaten with Tuwo Shinkafa or Amala and Ewedu soup.
Today we’ll tell you how to make Gbegiri soup step-by-step. Even if you have no cooking experience whatsoever, you still can try making it and get a wonderful result!
Enjoy Yummy Life with Jiji – buy freshest agriculture and foodstuff products cheaper from real sellers!
1. How to cook Gbegiri soup: the ingredients
- Half a cup of Black Eyed or Brown Beans
- 1 medium-sized smoked Mackerel
- 1 spoonful of minced crayfish
- 1 large bouillon cube
- 1 cooking spoon of palm oil
- Seasoning to your taste.
2. Gbegiri with beans flour: general preparations
- Make sure you have some beef left from the stew because the meat for the Gbegiri Soup should come from Beef and Chicken stew.
- Peel the beans and leave them in water for at least 3 hours to make them soft and reduce the cooking time. Soaking also helps to avoid using potash in cooking the beans.
- Get other ingredients ready: grind the pepper and mince the crayfish.
3. How to make Nigerian Gbegiri soup: the process
- Place the prepared beans into an appropriate pot. Cover the beans with water and cook over medium heat.
- While the beans are boiling, make some Ewedu Soup to be eaten with the Gbegiri Soup.
- Boil the beans for about an hour until they are almost melting during the mashing. Add more water if needed in the process of boiling.
- Mash the cooked beans with a special potato masher or a regular kitchen blender.
- When the beans are perfectly smooth, add the smoked fish, salt, pepper, crayfish, bouillon cube and palm oil.
- Put the lid on the pot and cook for about 5 minutes stirring it all the time until the oil changes color from red to yellow.
- And your yummy Gbegiri Soup is done!
Serve the Nigerian Gbegiri soup with Ewedu Soup and the beef from your meat. You can also eat it with Amala or other Nigerian fufu meal.
Love or hate Gbegiri Soup? Let me know in the comments! See more Nigerian recipes: http://bit.ly/NigerianRecipes. Click “Show More” below for more info. Written recipe: http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/soups/gbegiri-soup.html Ingredients * 150g Black Eyed or Brown Beans * 1 small smoked Mackerel/Titus * 1 tablespoon ground crayfish * 1 big stock cube * 1 cooking spoon palm oil * Pepper and salt (to taste) The make of my crayfish grinder is Braun.
Install free updated Jiji app – get additional benefits for your online-shopping on Jiji!