Acne is a skin condition that can appear in early teen years and last until adulthood. Finding your own acne treatment routine is very important for getting rid of the condition, but, unfortunately, there is no universal solution on how to treat acne.
Out of hundreds of acne skin care products picking the pimple treatment that will solve your problem may be challenging, but, luckily, it’s not impossible. Check out our guide to the best acne products in Nigeria.
Natural remedies for acne
While store-bought skin care products have proven to be very effective against acne, home remedies for acne also have their fair share of fans. The biggest benefit of natural acne treatment is that you know for sure what you apply on your skin. Here are some of the most effective acne home solutions:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Egg whites
- Tea tree oil
- Aloe vera
- Banana peel
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice
- Toothpaste applied directly to pimples
Read also: How to make black soap for acne
Find thousands of high-quality skin care products on Jiji
1. The best acne treatment routine
You can try hundreds of acne remedies, both natural and store-bought, but you likely won’t see any effect unless you establish a beauty regimen and follow it twice a day. Here is what your typical anti-acne routine should look like.
- Cleansing. Cleansing your skin is an essential step for getting rid of acne. The most effective facial cleanser is a foam or a gel, although you can use a facial scrub several times a week – just make sure the scrub is gentle enough not to damage your already sensitive skin.
- Acne treatment. The most crucial step of this beauty regime is applying special acne treatment. Everyone who has experienced the acne problem agrees that the best acne cream is a benzoyl peroxide cream that you can easily buy in Nigeria.
- Moisturising. Many acne patients overlook this step thinking that acne-prone skin doesn’t need extra moisturising, but the truth is that moisturising skin care products are able to regulate the oil production, lowering the risk of new acne forming.
2. The best products for acne
Wondering which best acne products people in Nigeria swear by? Check out the best skin care products for acne you can buy right now!
To effectively cleanse your skin and get rid of excess grease and dirt after a long day, you need to find your own best face wash for acne.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash contains salicylic acid, which has proven to be very efficient for gently cleansing the skin.
Avon ClearSkin Clear Emergency is a creamy facial cleanser that also contains salicylic acid, so if you prefer your washes to be cream-based instead of gel-based, go for this one.
Clean&Clear Deep Action Refreshing Gel Cleanser is actually one of the best products for teenage acne, but it also works pretty well on adult skin.
2. Benzoyl peroxide treatment
Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment is a product that can be used two ways: you can apply it directly to the acne breakouts, or use it as an acne treatment for your whole face.
Walgreens Acne Treatment Gel contains 10% of benzoyl peroxide, which makes it one of the most effective products for fighting acne. While it’s one of the best acne products for oily skin, people with dry skin should use it with caution.
Paula’s Choice Extra Skin Clearing Treatment has all of the benefits of benzoyl peroxide without the harm from the camphor, alcohol, and other questionable skin care ingredients.
The choice of moisturisers for acne-prone skin is nearly endless: you can use any moisturiser that fits your skin type and leaves your skin feeling great after using it. Traditionally, the best acne products for dry skin are oil-based, while acne patients with oily skin usually go for gel moisturisers. Here are some of the best moisturisers you can use:
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturiser
Nivea Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream
Clean&Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturiser
Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream
Eucerin Original Soothing Repair Creme
Find your ideal acne treatment on Jiji