Tiger nuts are a valuable food product that has hundreds of uses in a typical Nigerian kitchen. Besides, tiger nuts has numerous health benefits, and one of the most important ones is the effect of tiger nut in pregnancy and fertility. Find out everything about tiger nuts and fertility right now!
Improve your health using the Jiji app
1. Tiger nuts and male fertility
The two most common reasons for male infertility is low sperm count and low sperm motility. Both of these conditions can be alleviated with the help of tiger nuts, as long as you use them the right way and combine them with other methods for treating infertility.
There are several ways for tiger nuts to boost male fertility. First, tiger nuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which prevent plagues from forming in the arteries and increase the blood flow to the genitals. Second, tiger nuts contain high counts of zinc, which has proven to be very effective at boosting testosterone levels, improving the sperm count and sperm mobility to increase the chances of a conception.
2. Tiger nuts and female fertility
There are dozens of reasons for female infertility and considerably less solutions for this problem. Luckily, tiger nuts are here to help with a number of fertility issues. Here is what regular consumption of tiger nuts can do for your fertility:
- Overweight women are often reported to have trouble conceiving, and the high vitamin E count in tiger nuts can help you maintain a healthy weight by preventing the oxidation of polyunsaturated fats.
- A strong immune system is an essential requirement for the conception of a healthy baby, and eating plenty of tiger nuts can give your immunity a significant boost, increasing the possibility of a conception.
- One of the key components of female fertility is a regular menstrual cycle that can become irregular due to hormone imbalance or other reasons. Having an irregular cycle also prevents you from tracking your ovulation and choosing the best time to try for a baby. Tiger nuts can help bring your hormones back to normal and make your menstrual cycle regular again.
3. Benefits of tiger nuts in pregnancy
The best nuts to eat during pregnancy include ground nuts, almonds, walnuts, and, of course, tiger nuts. Many mommies-to-be are wondering: is tigernut good for a pregnant woman? The truth is that tiger nuts during pregnancy are a great thing as long as you keep the consumption of these nuts in moderation. Here are the most vital health benefits of tiger nuts in pregnancy:
- Digestive problems are among the most common unpleasant conditions associated with pregnancy. If you’re experiencing constipation and other digestive symptoms, take advantage of kunu drink and pregnancy by including it into your diet.
- The vitamin E that helps you maintain a healthy weight prior to the conception is also very important for the formation and maintenance of a healthy placenta, which acts as a home to your baby for 9 months of pregnancy.
- Gestational diabetes is a very dangerous condition that affects pregnant women, and tiger nuts are known to lower blood sugar levels during pregnancy. Tiger nuts and pregnancy can also improve the blood flow to your body parts, making you feel better overall.
Read also: Health benefits of apple cider vinegar
Find out more about the uses of tiger nuts from these posts:
Feel and look better with the Jiji app