- 10. Department of Taxes and Attorney General’s Chambers – Gaborone, Botswana
- 9. Maison Des Députés – Yamoussoukro, Ivory Coast
- 8. Hilton Durban – Durban, South Africa
- 7. Michelangelo Towers – Johannesburg, South Africa
- 6. West Hills Mall – Accra, Ghana
- 5. The Pearls of Umhlanga – Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
- 4. Portside Tower – Capetown, South Africa
- 3. Corinthia Bab Africa Hotel – Tripoli, Libya
- 2. African Union Conference Centre and Office Complex – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- 1. Bibliotheca Alexandrina – Alexandria, Egypt
Africa is a diverse continent with hundreds of megacities and lots of attractions, including expensive and beautiful real estate. Check out the top 10 most expensive buildings in Africa 2017 and find out which luxury African locations are worth visiting!
Find your dream property on Jiji
10. Department of Taxes and Attorney General’s Chambers – Gaborone, Botswana
Cost: $30 million
This 53,88 meter-high building is currently the tallest construction in Botswana. Built in 2007 and located in a prestigious part of the city, this building has 15 floors and is the workplace for hundreds of Botswana’s finest professionals. It may not be the most expensive land in Africa, but it’s still very impressive.
9. Maison Des Députés – Yamoussoukro, Ivory Coast
Cost: $50 million
The construction of the 7-storeyed Maison des Députés building in Yamoussoukro, Ivory Coast dates back to 2004, when it instantly became one of the most eye-catching African buildings and a contender for the name of the most expensive house in Africa.
8. Hilton Durban – Durban, South Africa
Cost: $61 million
If you’re on a search for the most expensive place to live in Africa, the Hilton Durban may very well be your choice. With 21 floors, hundreds of luxury rooms famed for their comfort and design, and numerous attractions inside and nearby, no wonder that so many people flock to the Hilton Durban!
7. Michelangelo Towers – Johannesburg, South Africa
Cost: $64 million
Perhaps, the most architecturally interesting location on our list of the most expensive real estate in Africa is the Michelangelo Towers in Johannesburg. It’s a hotel that has 34 floors and 242 rooms, and nearly every celebrity visiting the city in the past years has stayed there.
6. West Hills Mall – Accra, Ghana
Cost: $93 million
West Hills is a one-storeyed mall that is currently the biggest and most expensive shopping location in West Africa. It’s a home to over 120 international and local shops, including large supermarket chains, and a major attraction to both tourists and locals.
5. The Pearls of Umhlanga – Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
Cost: $138 million
Even at first glance you can suspect it’s the most expensive house in Africa – the Pearls of Umhlanga overlooks the coast and looks like a dream resort. In reality it’s a luxury apartment building that is the favourite residential location for the rich and famous of Africa.
4. Portside Tower – Capetown, South Africa
Cost: $138 million
The 139-meter Portside Tower is visible from most parts of the city thanks to its modern glass design and the exceptional beauty of the construction. It’s a residential building with a capacity to become home to 3,000 people.
3. Corinthia Bab Africa Hotel – Tripoli, Libya
Cost: $152 million
This building, which is also known as the Corinthia Hotel Tripoli, it not like any other construction on our list – it stands out thanks to its tasteful design carried out in earthy tones. On the inside this hotel is even more impressive with its 28 floors of luxury rooms.
2. African Union Conference Centre and Office Complex – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Cost: $200 million
The construction of the 100-meter building of the African Union headquarters was sponsored by the Chinese government and is currently the tallest building in Addis Ababa. Some of the most important work of the AU takes place right there!
1. Bibliotheca Alexandrina – Alexandria, Egypt
Cost: $220 million
The Bibliotheca Alexandrina currently holds several records: not only is it the most expensive house in the African continent, but it’s also the largest library on the planet. The main reading room has the square footage of 70,000 meters, and the library can successfully accommodate up to 8 billion books.
Build your dream house with the Jiji app