There are a lot of unique and diverse ways of how to tie a Nigerian head scarf. The way people do it depends on the part of the country, the culture around them and, most importantly, their own imagination.
If you want to find the best and the most impressive answers to the question how to tie African head scarves, then this article is just for you. Of course, there is no way we could list every method, but here are a few of the most elegant ones.
Ankara head scarf is probably the best way to make your outfit more beautiful for a wedding – either yours or just the one you’ve been invited to. So, learn how to tie head scarf African style to look the best at this occasion.
1. Front knot turban
This is Ankara head wrap is pretty easy to make, but its structure will definitely make you stand out in the crowd. Here is how to tie Ankara scarf with a front knot:
- Put your hair in a bun – this will add volume to your Ankara head wrap;
- Fold the scarf into a triangular shape;
- Put the middle of the longer side of the triangle on the back of your head. Tie together two opposing ends in front of you;
- Twist the middle end with one of the side ends and move them to the back;
- Tie the remaining end with the twisted ones;
- Tuck the ends that stick up. Your Ankara head wrap is ready!
2. Back knot turban
This is one of the head tie styles that look a bit more modest, yet still elegant and beautiful. Here is the head wrap tutorial:
- Put the middle of the scarf on the top of your head;
- Take an old T-shirt or some other piece of clothing you don’t need and put it in your scarf in the back of your head. Tie the scarf so the shirt won’t fall out;
- Twist each end separately and tie them around the knot with the shirt. Tuck the ends under the bun and you are ready to go.
3. Head wrap without a knot
This one of the African head wrap styles looks really slick and neat, it almost has no structure. Here is how to tie a scarf to look elegant and beautiful:
- You will again need a T-shirt to make the wrap look more extensional. Or, if you have a lot of hair, you can gather it in the under scarf;
- Put the end of your Ankara scarf on top of your head;
- Wrap it around your head. To cover your under scarf you will need to leave a part of your scarf hanging above it, only then you’ll be able to tuck this part the way for it to cover the under scarf;
- Tuck the end of the scarf. The wrap is ready.