Let’s put the Silverbird Man of The Year Awards in a nutshell, with all the glitz and glamour and importance. Here are the main facts and events.
2017 Awards: the facts
- The awards took place in Eko Hotel and Suites in Victoria Island on February 23.
- The blue carpet gathered famous people from different fields: Nollywood stars, singers, beauty contest winners, and of course legislators and politicians.
- One of the highlights of the evening was the attendance of the Ateke Tom.
- First Lady of Ghana attended the ceremony, too. She opened the celebration with presenting the first award of the evening.
- Based on the results of the voting, Nyesom Wike was announced a winner.
- In case you do not know, Nyesom Wike governs the River State.
- The senator is often called “Mr. Projects” for his innovative vision of the development of the state the country, as well as his effective governmental policies.
Every year, the winner addresses the viewers with the acceptance speck. Wike emphasized the significance of reanimating the democracy in Nigeria and overcoming the difficulties it faces at the moment. The senator encouraged to deal with ethnical and religious prejudices and to distinguish between politics and governance.
He also called the people to unity, as this is the only way to develop the state and take care about its well-being. The senator ensured that 2018 is going to be a huge year for River State, in particular thanks to new project that will be successfully implemented.
Glitz and glamour
One of our favorite things about the Silverbird Man of The Year Awards is the diversity of outstanding people this event brings together. The Awards occupy the unique position in-between entertaining event and political meeting.
Take a look at some happy faces and luxurious outfits of the guests of 2017 awards.