Keto diet is one of the latest weight loss crazes around the world, and, unlike many fad diets, it shows no signs of slowing down. Thousands of ladies in Nigeria are currently enjoying the Nigerian keto diet, and here is a Nigerian keto diet plan that will help you achieve your dream body.
Buy affordable, high quality food products for the whole family on Jiji
1. What is keto diet plan and how does it work?
According to numerous celebrities and millions of keto fans, with keto diet weight loss is easier than ever. While keto diet may seem like one of the newest inventions, it was actually designed in early 20th century.
The basis of the keto diet is simple: by consuming foods that are low in protein, very low in carbohydrates, and high in fat, you bring your body into the state of ketosis, where your body can’t get the necessary glucose for the brain from carbohydrates and instead uses the fats that are stored in your body.
According to ketogenic diet reviews, there are two primary ways to achieve keto weight loss. The first is a ratio of 60% fats, 35% protein, and 5% carbs, while the second one requires you to eat 70% of fat, 20% of protein, and 5% of carbs.
The best way to lose weight with keto diet is to stick to your diet plan and not include any forbidden foods – not only will these products interfere with your weight loss, but they can also negatively affect your health due to interrupting the ketosis state.
2. Ketogenic diet foods
So, what are the keto diet foods that you can eat to get to your goal weight? Here is a list of recommended and forbidden foods.
1. Foods you should eat
- Oils, including olive oil, coconut oil, and palm oil
- Meat, including beef, poultry, bacon, and organ meat
- Nuts and seeds
- Low-carb vegetables and fruits
- Spices and herbs
2. Foods you should not eat
- Root vegetables
- Grains and starches
- Sweets and sugary foods
- Low-fat products
- Condiments containing sugar
3. Keto diet plan for weight loss
Follow the hottest Nigerian diet for weight loss with this weekly Keto diet menu!
1. Day 1
- Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs + sausage
- Lunch: vegetable soup with beef
- Dinner: tuna, egg and avocado lettuce wrap
2. Day 2
- Breakfast: seafood omelette
- Lunch: chicken pepper soup
- Dinner: spicy goat asun
3. Day 3
- Breakfast: bowl of watermelon
- Lunch: okra soup
- Dinner: grilled fish with steamed vegetables
4. Day 4
- Breakfast: moi-moi
- Lunch: fish and vegetable oil
- Dinner: beef and vegetable stir-fry
5. Day 5
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs
- Lunch: cabbage and chicken soup
- Dinner: chicken and vegetable suya
6. Day 6
- Breakfast: eggs in a cloud
- Lunch: beef, vegetable, and groundnut salad with yoghurt dressing
- Dinner: grilled chicken with pepper sauce
7. Day 7
- Breakfast: omelette with cheese
- Lunch: fish pepper soup
- Dinner: bacon, lettuce, and avocado salad
For keto diet foods weight loss to work, you should keep to the diet plan for a minimum of 4 weeks. In the first few days you may feel dizziness and headaches, but within 5 days you will feel great again. You can find ketogenic diet recipes in blogs and Instagram accounts that deal with diet-friendly foods and keto diet recipes.
Find everything you need to look and feel fantastic on the Jiji app