If you are looking for the next big idea, try ice block making business in Nigeria. You’ve got it right: supplying people with frozen water is a chance to become a successful entrepreneur! However, you will need more than just a ice block making machine.
Today more people decide to start their own business. At least half of them are overwhelmed with crazy ideas. Luckily, ice block business does not belong here. Here’s your short guide to perspectives, advantages, how to make ice blocks, and finally, how to start how to start ice block business.
Start ice block making business with Jiji.ng!
Africa in demand of ice blocks
Every business is successful only in case the product or service you provide is in demand. Thus, start with analyzing the factors that make ice blocks popular / not popular. A little hint: go with the first option, and this is why.
- Geography, climate, weather. Being the world’s hottest continent, Africa enjoys high temperatures and lots of sunlight. At the same time, those are the reasons of many troubles. In the conditions when water, especially cold water, can be hard to find, ice blocks can become a saving reserve.
- Convenience. Possessing proper equipment makes ice cubes easy to produce and store. For establishments like cafes and bars it is also time-saving: one ice block is much more convenient to use than preparing a bunch of small cubes in a freezer.
- Unstable electricity. While you are learning the basics or looking for ice cube making machine price in Nigeria, some are Googling generator prices. Poor electricity supply in Africa makes it complicated to store ice cubes or simply fresh clean cool water. Using ice blocks is much easier and effective.
- Partying. Bars, cafes, lounges, nightclubs, pubs, open-air activities, private parties, social events – every kind of partying and relaxation comes along with chilling drinks, both containing alcohol and alcohol-free. Urbanization and globalization only increases the scale and demand, especially when it comes to massive outdoor events, like weddings.
Different forms of ice
Before you’ve started to look for the best block making machine price in Nigeria, hold on and make sure it is blocks you are going to focus on. Actually, frozen water can be produced and stored in a diversity of forms. The most common are the following.
- Ice cubes – small, used mostly for juices, sodas, and cocktails.
- Cracked ice – pieces that are smaller than cubes and melt fast, used in specific cocktails and dishes.
- Shaved ice – very thin, used for producing slurry cocktail.
- Ice ball – rare form borrowed from the Japanese, used for whisky and some other drinks.
- Block ice – a huge piece of ice that can become any of the mentioned above.
How to make good ice
The first thing to remember is that clean water gives clean ice. Start your business only if you are 100% certain that you will have constant access to pure water and provide the product of high quality. Choose the type of water you want to drink – purified, from natural spring etc.
One more equally important moment is storage. Do not make too many cubes “just in case.” You should keep them rotated to keep blocks fresh. Besides, any intense smell can spoil the entire lot. Never place ice cubes near fish or other foods.
How to start ice block making
There are four key components you will need to start the business.
- Water. It has already been said below, but the quality of ice cubes is defined by water you use. This is the key to your success or fail. Do not try to use water that comes from unreliable source – it can be contaminating.
- Packaging. It is necessary to store water in containers able to keep water in both solid and melted form, for instance, polythene nylon bags. They are convenient to use for transportation and transparent, so you always control the quality. And you can print your name and label on it!
- Block making machine. No business plan can succeed without good ice block machine, which actually prepares the blocks. The equipment is not complicated to use. As a rule, these are deep freezers, which differ by capacity. 20, 50, and 100-piece ice block making machine in Nigeria are the most popular.
- Generator. Taking into account the fact that you load local power network with one or a couple of freezers, it is highly recommended to get a generator. It is the guarantee of high-quality product, for the chances of melting and refreezing will be close to zero.
Buying ice making machine
Ice block machine in Nigeria is much easier to find than ice. Just open Jiji.ng, type your request in search line, and you’ll see the full list of available equipment. Ice block making machine price will be a pleasant surprise.
Block making machine price list in Nigeria starts from N 350, and this is not a joke! Okay, such prices are rather exception, but an average machine will cost around N 200,000. There are five main factors that define the price, so pay attention to them before purchase:
- capacity (how many blocks are produced);
- brand (local or foreign, imported);
- freezing time (how much does it take to prepare the lot);
- compressors (the quantity);
- maintenance (difficulty and availability of details).
Best prices for ice making machines on Jiji.ng!
Calculations in a nutshell
- Generator – N 25,000.
- Ice block making machine – N 200,000.
- Electricity bills – depend on region and season.
- Packaging – negotiable.
Total: around N 300,000 in case you don’t hire staff to help. Depending on what you already possess and which market you want to cover, it may be possible to start with just N 60,000 – exactly the same amount you’ll earn weekly.
- N 150 per block.
- 150 blocks sold daily, around 1200 weekly.
- Margin – around N 60,000 in a week, N 240,000 monthly.
The calculations are very rough. It is assumed you have specially devoted location for placing equipment and have transport for delivery. Nevertheless, the income depends a lot on the competition in this niche in your area. One way or another, ice block production is business idea worth the support.