Braided wigs give you all the thrill of having a head full of gorgeous braids without any damage to your own hair. Of course, you can always buy a braided wig, but making your own wig is not as difficult as it may seem! Find out how to do braided wig with these tutorials.
Want to know how much is braided wig? Enjoy the lowest prices on wigs with Jiji!
1. How to make a wig cap at home
You can’t learn how to make braided wigs without knowing the basics, especially how to make your own wig cap. A wig cap is the number one condition for making your future wig fit you perfectly. The easiest way to create a wig cap is to use a nylon stocking:
- Wear a stocking on your head, so that the opening matches your hairline.
- Grab the free-hanging stocking about 2cm from your head.
- Make a knot by wrapping the end of the stocking around the base.
- Tighten the knot as much as possible and cut the remaining part of the stocking with scissors, being extra careful not to ruin the knot.
- That’s it! Your wig cap is ready to be worn!
2. How to make a lace front braided wig
For this tutorial you will need a net-like veil or Swiss lace for the closure. You’ll also need hair extensions – the number of extension packs can vary according to the number and the desired thickness of your braids.
- Take a large needle and pass some threat through it. To make the wig more secure in the end, you can use a double thread.
- Attach the extensions to the cap one by one by running the needle with the thread over them several times, tying the knot, and cutting off the remaining thread, leaving a little for the braiding.
- Start braiding the hair. Here it is important to remember to include the remaining threads into your braids, so that the extensions are securely attached to the cap. Continue braiding until the wig looks just like you’ve imagined.
- In order to make the wig look more natural, choose a veil that is close to your skin tone. Alternatively, you can use a cap with a lace front for a more refined look.
3. How to make a crochet braid wig
If you don’t have the time to learn how to make wig braids and want to make a cute wig as quickly as possible, then a crochet braid wig is your best option! For this method you will need a braided wig cap, a crochet hook, and braids – you can use any type you want, but Senegalese twists work particularly great.
- Put the cap on a wig head.
- Using a crochet hook, pull a braid/twist through the cap starting at the back of the cap.
- Secure the braid by making a knot at the top of the braid.
- Continue attaching braids to the cap one by one, from the front to the back and from the bottom to the top of the cap, leaving about 1cm between each braid.
- For a more natural look, you can hand-braid some extensions and attach them to the front of the wig.
Here is a video tutorial that will give you a clear idea on how to make a wig with braiding hair:
Senegalese twist crochet wig tutorial BUY SAME HAIR👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾 XTREND HAIR STORE ON ALIEXPRESS https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Xtrend-22-30roots-Senegalese-Twist-Hair-Crochet-Braid-Extensions-Ombre-Kanekalon-Jumbo-Synthetic-Hair-For-Braiding/1917481_32805904432.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.d6ba48aLdqne2 WATCH MY OTHER HAIR VIDEOS BRAIDLESS CROCHET BRAIDS ON TWA HAIR | AFRICAN THREADING METHOD https://youtu.be/hgVTfLWU-ME HOW TO GROW VERY SHORT HAIR UNDERNEATH CROCHET BRAIDS PART 1 https://youtu.be/vxDzGg7pl0M HOW TO DO JUMBO GODDESS BRAID PONYTAIL WITH X-PRESSION BRAIDING HAIR https://youtu.be/Wo2Z3GYeCLM HOW TO DO WAIST LENGTH JUMBO BOX BRAIDS AND BEADS.
Look like a beauty queen every day with the Jiji app