Learning the cost of bakery equipment is the most important requirement for calculating the cost of starting a bakery in Nigeria. To conduct a feasibility study sample for bakery, you need to know how much you’re going to spend on the equipment. Check out our bakery equipment list and prices!
Buy professional, affordable bakery equipment in Nigeria on Jiji
1. Preparing the dough
The first items on the bakery equipment list are the devices that help prepare the dough for the baking. The quality of the equipment you buy will dramatically affect the taste, flavour, and quality of the end product, so make sure to pick wisely.
If you’re opening a min-bakery or have a tiny budget, your list of baking equipment for beginners may not include a mixer – you can mix the dough by hand. However, at least one mixer will allow you to achieve a steadier result with less effort.
Here are the bakery equipment prices in Nigeria for preparing the dough:
- A commercial planetary mixer thoroughly and effectively mixes the dough. A small bakery can get away with one or several countertop mixers, but a large scale business needs a floor device for mixing large batches of dough. Price: ₦200,000-₦1,000,000.
- A dough divider will allow you to get equal-sized pieces of dough from one big batch. This is essential for baking bread, cakes, pies, and pizzas. Price: ₦220,000–₦1,700,000.
- Dough sheeters are used for flattening out pieces of dough, which can be very useful for making various flat breads, pizzas, and pie crusts. Price: ₦500,000-₦1,800,000.
- Dough needs to proof in steady environment, which includes high humidity and warmth. Create the most favourable environment for your bakery with a proofing cabinet. Price: ₦250,000-₦700,000.
Any list of bakery equipment in Nigeria cannot be imagined without: it’s the one piece of equipment you absolutely need to bake bread. There is a variety of ovens available today, and the cost of industrial baking oven in Nigeria will largely depend on its type:
- A convection oven is the most common type of ovens in a modern bakery, and the affordable price of industrial oven in Nigeria makes them great for beginners. The more expensive a convection oven is, the more advanced features, like steam injection, it has. Price: ₦350,000–₦2,500,000.
- Deck ovens are the old-school type of baking ovens. They have a very simple design and are easy to operate, but because of their large dimensions and relatively small capacity they are usually used in big bakeries. ₦250,000-₦3,000,000.
- A rotary oven delivers fantastic results for evenly baking large batches of baked goods, but the high rotary baking oven price in Nigeria makes them mostly suitable in bakeries with large output capacity. Price: ₦2,000,000-₦14,000,000.
3. Selling the bread
Now that you know the mixer, proofer, and oven prices in Nigeria, let’s see what kind of additional bread bakery equipment in Nigeria you need to sell your products. First, consider the packaging: starting at ₦250,000, you can buy a machine for packaging your bread in nylon bags with your own logo and name.
Many Nigerians prefer buying bread that has already been sliced, and if you plan to cater to this demographic, you’ll also need an industrial bread slicer. Prices for slicers start at ₦150,000 and go all the way up to ₦1,000,000, depending on the capacity you need.
Open your successful business with the Jiji app