The competition for fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) in Nigeria is quite high and new products and brands arise every day. FMCG companies in Nigeria the same as world industry giants have to be really creative at introducing new products to the market to stay in the market.
The top FMCG companies in Nigeria are becoming more and more popular all over the world and here’s the list of the largest Nigerian FMCG companies.
Install free updated Jiji app now – don’t waste your time, shop on Jiji in the most profitable, convenient and safe way right from your smartphone!
1. Fast moving consumer goods in Nigeria: general information
Generally, all FMCG companies are classified into two types according to the number of products they offer:
- mono brand companies offer only one type of products, like Coca-Cola or Cadbury Schweppes;
- multi-product companies are companies like Procter & Gamble, Nestle, Unilever.
2. Top FMCG companies in Nigeria
This list of FMCG companies in Nigeria includes only real successful functioning companies:
- Nigerian Breweries is the largest and best quality drink producing company in Nigeria.
- VITAL PRODUCTS Plc started with pharmaceutical products and gradually expanded into various soft drinks.
- Flour Mills in Nigeria is widely loved for Golden Penny flours.
- Dangote Group produces almost anything from groceries to steel, cement, oil and gas.
- Nestle Nigeria Plc has been making a huge variety of products like Baby Foods, Cereals, Chocolate and Confectionery, Coffee, Dairy, and Drinks since 1957.
- Unilever Nigeria is known for Knorr, Royco, Lipton, Vaseline, Pears, Blue Band, Omo, and many others.
- Cormart Nigeria Ltd produces vegetable oil, soft drinks, and bottled water as well as goods for fishing, farming, frozen foods preparation, etc.
- Beloxxi group is famous for their yummy cream crackers and biscuits.
- FRIESLAND CAMPINA WAMCO NIGERIA Plc is the leader in Nigeria’s dairy market with their top brands Peak, Three Crowns and Friso.
- PZ Cussons is a household goods manufacturer: toiletries, Robb, Venus, Cussons Baby, Zip, Morning Freash etc.
- May & Baker, Nigeria Plc is Nigeria’s first pharmaceutical company operating since 1944.
- DUFIL Prima Foods produce high-quality Instant Noodles that every Nigerian loves!
- Nexans Nigeria is known for cable production.
- ZUBEE INTERNATIONAL COMPANY LIMITED offers various foods, sweets, and related products.
- British American Tobacco is the top company in tobacco production in Nigeria.
- Chi Limited. Chi Ltd covers healthy foods, dairy products (like Hollandia Evaporated milk, Hollandia UHT milk) and beverages.
- Be Global Food FZE (BGF) is another international company specializing in producing healthy foods and drinks as well as flavors, perfumes, sugar and dairy products.
- OK foods offer high-quality biscuits, chocolates, drinks and other fast foods.
- Fareast Mercantile Company is involved in import and distribution of branded fmcg, gadgets and tires.
- Bimzy Super Stores Ventures manufactures cookies and drinks.
- Dis and Dat Mart offers groceries, cereals, toiletries, as well as bikes and Building Games for kids.
- Dansa Foods Limited is well-known for their beverage products.
- Deli Foods manufactures premium-quality crackers and cookies in Nigeria.
- Honeyland foods produce healthy drinks like freshly-squeezed juices.
- Nutri C offers various flavors.
Feel free to add the most successful Nigerian companies to this list of fast moving consumer goods in Nigeria in the comments in order to create the ultimate comprehensive database!
Buying on Jiji every day? Do it anytime and anywhere in a more convenient way from your smartphone – install free updated Jiji app now!