It’s no secret that Dubai visa opens up a lot of opportunities for the holder, but the Emirates visa application process is surrounded with myths and worries. Wondering how much is Dubai visa from Nigeria and how to get one? Find out right now!
Save the hassle and order professional Dubai visa services from Jiji users
1. Types of Dubai visas
The first thing to know when you’re learning how to get Dubai visa from Nigeria is what types of visas are available to Nigerian citizens. Currently you can choose from the four following types of visas:
- The 48-hour visa, which is often used by businessmen travelling for short business meetings or travellers passing Dubai en route to their destination.
- The 96-hour visa, which is ideal for those who go on a four-day vacation or are staying in Dubai only as a part of their transit.
- The 14-day visa, which is valid for 14 days after the issue date and cannot be extended. It’s best suited for a vacation that lasts up to two weeks.
- The 30-day visa, which is valid for 30 days starting from the issue date. This visa also cannot be extended.
- The 90-day visa, which is valid for 90 days and for a single entry. This type of visa is preferred by travellers who visit relatives in Dubai or undergo trainings.
- The 30 and 90-day multiple-entry visas, which grant you a right to travel multiple times to Dubai and stay in the country for the duration of 30 and 90 days in total respectively.
Recently Nigerians trying to apply for Dubai visa from Nigeria have been reporting that long-term visa are currently not issued by the embassy. The same goes for the long-term work visa, so if you want to know how to get Dubai work visa, you’ll have to wait until the embassy starts issuing long-term visas again.
2. Where to apply for a visa to Dubai
The only two ways to apply for a Dubai visa in Nigeria is through the embassy or online. The Dubai embassy in Nigeria can be found at VFS Global, Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki-Epe Expressway in Lekki Phase I in Lagos and is open Monday through Friday from 08:00 to 15:00.
You can also submit the documents for the visa online, but this option is only available to the applicants who have purchased a confirmed plane ticket from Emirates Airlines.
3. The cost of Dubai visa in Nigeria
Travelling to Dubai is not a cheap adventure, and the Dubai visa also comes at a cost. So how much is visa from Nigeria to Dubai? Currently you need to pay $69 for the 96-hour visa, $82 for a 30-day visa, and $110 for the 14-day visa.
4. How to apply for Dubai visa in Nigeria
Here is a step-by-step guide to obtaining a Dubai visa from Nigeria.
- Check your eligibility. Not everyone who is able to gather the required documents and pay the visa fee is eligible for the entry. The eligibility means passing at least one of the following criteria: you have a travel record to a selected list of countries within the last 2 years; you have a proven financial record of at least $1500 in your bank account, or you are travelling to visit your closest family members.
- Collect the necessary documents. The typical list of documents for a Dubai visa includes: international passport valid for at least 6 months, coloured copies of the Nigerian passport, coloured passport photo with passport number and name written on the other side, and confirmed ticket from Emirates Airlines.
- Download the application form online and fill it out carefully without missing any details or giving wrong information.
- Submit your application in person at the embassy or online.
- Wait for the visa to be processed – usually within 3-4 workdays. You can track the progress of your application online on the official website of the embassy.
Buy everything you need for a perfect travel on the Jiji app