Uber taxi service is one best known taxi service providers in the world, and when the launch of Uber taxi Nigeria was announced, both the passengers and the drivers were delighted. Find out how Uber works in Nigeria and how to join Uber in Nigeria right now!
Buy the ideal and affordable car for your Uber business on Jiji
1. How does Uber work in Nigeria?
Before you learn how to start Uber business in Nigeria, let’s take a closer look at what Uber actually is and how it works. Uber works as a smartphone application, where the user can order a taxi with a single tap on the button.
The app will automatically notify the nearby Uber drivers about the order, and one of the drivers will accept it and travel to pick up the customer. The customer will see an estimate of his ride in the app, and the payment is done through the app as well – the driver and the customer don’t exchange cash at any point of the ride.
What separates Uber from other taxi services is that Uber doesn’t physically own any cars – all the cars driving under Uber’s logo are cars that belong to drivers.
2. How to start an Uber business in Nigeria
Because of the nature of Uber, there are two primary ways you can make money with the company. If you’re a driver and a car owner, you can register as an Uber driver and make money directly for each ride.
In this case you will be paid weekly, and the money will go straight to your bank account with no cash involved. Uber takes 20% of what you make as their commission, and the rest is your individual income.
Another option is better suited for those aspiring business who have a sizeable capital. You can buy multiple cars, register them all as a fleet, and operate your fleet while other drivers perform the taxi services. Here are quick guides on how to register for Uber in both cases.
1. How to register your car for Uber
- Sign up for Uber by filling out a short registration form, stating your name, location, email, phone number, and password. You need to be 21 or older to join Uber as a driver.
- Make sure your car aligns with Uber’s standards: it should be made in 2000 or later, have four doors, have a working radio, and be in a working, visually decent condition.
- Provide the necessary paperwork. This list includes your driver’s license, a vehicle inspection report, safety screening, and a profile photo. At this stage you will also need to watch a short training video.
- After completing the steps above, you can proceed to activating your Uber account and starting your career as an Uber driver.
2. How to create a fleet in Uber
If you’re not only interested in learning how to become an Uber driver in Nigeria, but also want to know how launch a large-scale business with Uber, you can create a fleet of cars within Uber.
You can either use your own cars and find your own drivers, or let Uber find the ideal drivers for your new fleet. Uber will also provide you with 24/7 support for the drivers and the passengers. In your personal section of the app you will be able to access detailed reports of your earnings.
Signing up for an Uber fleet is super easy. If you already have one car registered for Uber, all you need to do is add another car and the fleet will be automatically created. Now you can connect your drivers to the system and start making money with Uber!
Start any successful business you want with the Jiji app