As the world is getting ready to celebrate the Big Friday 2018 on November 23, there is another major shopping event just around the corner. The Bachelor’s Day 2018, or Singles Day, will take place on 11.11.2018. So what is 11 11 Day? Find out right now!
Enjoy amazing deals in Nigeria every day of the year with Jiji
1. What is Singles Day in China?
Long before the world started to take part in Chinese Single Day online shopping, there was a small holiday that was started in 1993 by a group of Chinese students. Tired of the intense Valentine’s Day celebrations, they launched their own annual event.
Originally, the Singles’ Day was started as a way for all single people to unite and celebrate their independence. The date wasn’t chosen randomly – if you look closely at the 11.11 date, it strongly resembles four lonesome stick figures. That way you can always know for sure when is National Single Day – every year it takes place on 11.11.
2. 11 11 online shopping festival
The China November 11 Singles Day could have stayed a local holiday for bachelors and bachelorettes if it wasn’t for Jack Ma, the founder of Alibaba. He saw a huge potential in the 11.11 holiday and turned it into a worldwide shopping celebration in 2009
Since then the November 11 Chinese online shopping festival, also known as the Alibaba Black Friday, has been growing bigger and bigger and has already surpassed the international Black Friday in sales – only in 2017 over $25 billion were generated in 24 hours of November 11. This year Alibaba is planning to top that impressive number.
3. 4 tips for November 11 China sales
Now that you know what is Singles Day and how much the whole world enjoys this celebration, it would be surprising if you weren’t inspired to do some 11.11 shopping of your own. In preparation for the Singles Day China sales, here are 4 tips that will help you make the smartest purchase.
- Research your desired products in advance and make a shopping list, so that you don’t waste any time when the Singles’ Day sales finally start. There are also rewards for buyers who put the products in their carts in advance, so if you’re confident you’re going to buy something, add it to your cart right away.
- If you have a question for the Alibaba or Aliexpress seller about a particular product, make sure to ask it before the November 11 – on that day they will be so busy with orders that your question has a big chance of remaining unanswered.
- Many stores that celebrate the 11 11 Day, including Aliexpress, actually allow you to see the discounted prices alongside the current price. Use this information to compare prices for similar products across several popular online stores – you may find a better Singles’ Day deal on another website or another Aliexpress store.
- Buy popular products first. High-demand goods with huge discounts like electronics, makeup, fashion, toys, and others, tend to get sold out pretty quickly after the sale begins. Add the desired products to your cart in advance, use an online countdown to track down the exact moment the 11.11 Sales begin, and all that is left for you to do is pay for your purchases and wait for them to be delivered.
Celebrate every day like it’s the Singles’ Day with the Jiji app