- 1. What is a gift hamper?
- 2. How to start a hamper business: the benefits
- 3. How to start a gift business from home: acquire the skills
- 4. How to start a gift box business: create a business plan
- 5. How to sell gift baskets from home: plan your unique theme
- 6. How to make money selling gift baskets: raise the capital
- 7. How to make hampers to sell: find a perfect business location
- 8. How to start a hamper business: get the license
- 9. How to start a gift business from home: buy the stuff you will need
If you or your relatives have been complimented with the Christmas hampers (or gift baskets), then you know what a magic present it is and what happiness it can bring!
Have you ever imagined yourself running this fun and beautiful (and profitable!) business that will let you easily work from home using only your own creativity?
If you are full of brilliant creative hamper ideas, know something about the designs, then starting a gift hampers business is the best way for you to become a successful entrepreneur.
Now we will tell you how to make money selling gift baskets!
Find high-quality gift hampers on Jiji at the best prices on the Web!
1. What is a gift hamper?
A picture is worth of thousand words, so let us show you this video:
2. How to start a hamper business: the benefits
- It is a very interesting and profitable venture.
- You can start this business just from your home and avoid the rental costs on the start.
- The hamper business is not very management and capital intensive.
- You can start this business part time.
- You don’t have to have some great special knowledge to create unique hampers.
3. How to start a gift business from home: acquire the skills
Of course, you will need some creativity and design skills to create gift hampers.
You will need to know how to make your baskets attractive, so head to the nearest good seminars, take some professional tutorials or buy a good book.
4. How to start a gift box business: create a business plan
A well –thought business plan is always important because it serves as a blueprint, guides you through the business and helps you to grow it.
Usually, if you want to start a small-scale business from home, the hamper business plan is a one-page strategy.
5. How to sell gift baskets from home: plan your unique theme
Choose one of the most popular themes: Christmas, Easter, wedding, birthday, showers, anniversary, etc.!
6. How to make money selling gift baskets: raise the capital
The amount of capital you will need depends on the level or scale of your business.
If you decide to do your business from home as a sole proprietor, you will need less than N18,000 – N35,000.
A medium scale home business with 2-3 employees will require about N180,000 – N350,000.
7. How to make hampers to sell: find a perfect business location
Choose a place with a huge pedestrian traffic – let a great amount of people see your gift basket samples!
Keep in mind that your target customers are corporate organizations and employees, so you should sell these corporate gifts at the heart of the city.
Locate your store between some popular commercial and residential areas, near the tourist centers, in shopping malls and hotels.
8. How to start a hamper business: get the license
Check out if you need a special license or business permission for your enterprise and obtain it!
9. How to start a gift business from home: buy the stuff you will need
- Wrapping paper
- Adornment items
- Gift baskets
- Thin wire, wire cutter
- Linen, fabric pieces
- Gift cards
- Glue gun
- Adhesive tapes
- Hole puncher.
Install free updated Jiji app now to get the best Jiji deals right on your smartphone!