Phone flash is a popular procedure that most Android users are familiar with. When you flash mobile phone, you unlock endless new features and opportunities for customization. Check out 2 common methods of how to flash a phone.
Shop mobile phones for every taste and budget on Jiji
1. 5 reasons to flash your phone
If you’ve come to this post wondering “How can I flash my Android phone?“, you probably already know the benefits of flashing the stock ROM on your mobile device. For anyone who is hearing about this procedure for the first time, here are 5 biggest reasons to do it:
- Custom ROM improves the performance of your battery, allowing your phone to last longer on a single charge.
- Phones with custom ROM are significantly faster and more efficient than phones that run on stock ROM.
- With custom ROM, you can tweak the appearance of your phone interface to the tiniest detail.
- Custom ROM allows you to always be among the first ones to get the latest version of Android.
- Flashing your phone gives you an opportunity to get rid of the many pre-installed apps and widgets, which are collectively known as bloatware.
2. How to flash a phone with a computer
If you want to know how to flash mobile phone using your computer and this step-by-step guide, first you will need to check your phone specs – this method only works on phones with a MediaTek chipset.
Once you’ve confirmed that your phone has a MediaTek chipset, you will need the software called SmartPhone Flash Tool. Here are the steps to flashing your phone with a computer:
- Download and install the MTK driver to your computer.
- Launch the MTK driver and use it to to download the firmware you want to install on your smartphone.
- Download the SP Flash Tool software from the official website and launch a file called flash_tool.exe.
- Find the Download button, click on it, and then select the Scatter Download option.
- When the download of the firmware is completed, plug in your phone using a USB cord. The software will automatically recognize your device and will proceed with flashing your phone.
- Wait until you see the OK Download signal. Unplug your smartphone and allow it to reboot automatically.
- Now your phone has custom ROM and can be used again.
3. How to flash a phone without a computer
In case you are wondering “How can I flash my phone if I don’t have a computer?”, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. It’s absolutely possible to install custom ROM to your device without a computer. Here is how to flash Android phone manually:
- Choose the custom ROM you want to use on your phone. Make sure it’s compatible with the make and model of your device!
- Download the selected ROM to the SD card of your smartphone.
- Send your phone into the recovery mode by pressing one of the volume buttons together with the power button.
- When a recovery menu launches, select the Backup option. Follow the instructions on the screens to back up your data, so that in case anything goes wrong, you don’t lose any valuable information.
- Launch the recovery mode again and do a factory reset of your device by clicking on the Wipe option.
- Once you have factory reset your device, you will need to reset the system partitions. Launch the recovery mode, select Wipe, and then click on Advanced Wipe. Select the System option and allow the phone to complete the reset.
- Activate the recovery mode again and click on Install. Select the custom ROM you’ve downloaded earlier and proceed with the installation.
- You will see a message telling you that the installation was successful. Now your device is ready to be used again!
Buy and sell mobile phones and other products using the Jiji app