The waist trainer, popularized by celebrities like Kim Kardashian, is one of the biggest fitness crazes of the past few years. If you have been inspired by the numerous waist trainer before and after photos and now want to join in on the trend, here is how to choose and how to use a waist trainer!
Shop affordable waist trainers in Nigeria on Jiji
1. What is a waist trainer
A waist trainer is a shaping garment that is designed to slim down your waistline. Waist trainers have high compression and cause your body to sweat more during a workout, facilitating a faster weight loss and bringing your body closer to the coveted hourglass figure.
2. How to choose your waist trainer
There are hundreds of waist trainers available for sale in Nigeria and internationally, but what exactly is the best waist trainer for your needs? Here are some tips on how to choose the best waist trainer for weight loss:
- A waist trainer is a garment you will wear for hours every day for a long time, so make sure the model you go for is durable. Steel-boned waist trainers are the most durable ones.
- If your height is under 160cm, regular-sized waist trainers may be too long for your torso. Consider buying a waist training belt instead – it will feel much more comfortable.
- How much is a waist trainer? The waist trainer price in Nigeria starts at ₦1,400 for a waist training belt, but a higher quality trainer will cost you ₦5,000 and up.
- The size of the waist trainer is the most important parameter both for your comfort and the effectiveness of the training. Carefully take measurements of your waist, under the bust, and the top of the hips. Consult the size guide of the waist trainer seller or ask them for recommendations regarding the size.
3. How to use a waist trainer
If you look at waist trainer reviews, you will find lots of conflicting information on how to wear a waist trainer for maximum efficiency. If you are new to the whole waist training craze, here is how to make the most out of your experience.
- All waist trainers can only be dry cleaned. To protect it from the sweat and oil released by your body during the training, wear a protective layer underneath it, preferably something made with natural materials.
- When you are only beginning to waist train, don’t wear the trainer too tightly. It should be snug, but you still need to be able to slide several fingers underneath it.
- Start by wearing a waist trainer for a maximum of 2 hours per day. Only when you feel more comfortable and get used to the feeling of wearing a waist trainer, you can gradually start wearing it for longer periods of time.
- In about 2 weeks of everyday trainer wearing, you should be able to wear your waist trainer for 8 hours a day. You can also start trying a tighter fit that will eventually transform your waistline.
- Waist trainers should only be worn during your normal everyday activities like walking, sitting, or even sleeping. Don’t wear the trainer during workouts or other extensive physical activity!
- To help you achieve the best results, wearing a waist trainer needs to be paired with a sensible diet and at least some form of physical exercise. Core strength workouts will increase the efficiency of your waist trainer.
Look and feel your best with affordable products on the Jiji app