No matter how little time you have in the morning, applying day cream should be high on your list of priorities. Good day cream helps your skin stay moisturized, protects it from the sun, and solves a variety of other skin issues. Find out what is the best face cream for dark skin in Nigeria and how to choose one!
Shop skin care products for every budget on Jiji
1. How to choose the best day cream for dark skin
Here are some tips on choosing the best daily cream for your skin:
- Consider your skin type and the cream formula. When it comes to daily cream, oily skin responds best to gel, lightweight formulas, while dry skin will benefit from an oil-based cream that not only moisturizes, but also replenishes the skin.
- If your skin is prone to allergies or clogged pores, choose a corresponding day cream – a hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic one.
- Most day creams come with perfume, so if you don’t want a strong smell to follow you around all day long, choose a fragrance-free cream.
- The brand and series of your day and night cream don’t have to match exactly, but it is always better to have both products targeted at solving the specific problems of your skin.
- Since you are planning to wear your day cream outside, it’s best to get a cream with SPF. Start with SPF 30 and increase the protection factor if your skin is prone to sunburns or has uneven pigmentation – the harmful UV rays can make your skin tone even more uneven.
2. Top 5 day creams for dark skin
If you’re wondering which cream will fit your skin needs and become the most effective part of your skin care routine, here are 5 options dark-skinned beauties swear by:
1. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
The moisturizing day cream from Cetaphil is one of the most popular products by the brand. This cream was designed for dry skin that requires extra moisture. It’s fragrance-free and non-comedogenic, and the best news is that it can be used not only on your face, but also on your body.
2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture
If you are looking for the best day cream for oily dark skin that won’t cost a fortune, consider this popular daily moisturizer from Neutrogena. Its oil-free formula will regulate the sebum production in your skin, and it doesn’t contain alcohol, which means it won’t dry your skin out. Plus, this moisturizer has SPF 15 protection.
3. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Facial Moisturizer
This moisturizer has twice as much SPF as the Neutrogena cream. In addition to its moisturizing effect and protection from the sun, the Aveeno moisturizing cream will improve your texture and even out the skin tone. The formula of this product is not completely oil-free, so it’s best suited for normal to dry skin.
Read about: cream for chocolate skin
4. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
If you have a bit more money to spend on a new day cream, you should definitely consider this Clinique moisturizer. The lightweight gel formula makes it an ideal choice for combination and oily skin types, while the strong moisturizing effect will make your skin feel comfortable and look luscious.
5. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream
The Ultra facial cream is Kiehl’s absolute bestseller for a number of reasons: it’s perfect for people with sensitive skin, it moisturizes your skin from the morning to the evening and even beyond, and it takes just seconds to be fully absorbed into the skin, which means you can apply it in the morning before makeup.
Shop thousands of health and beauty products on the Jiji app