Crochet braids are one of the most popular hairstyles among Nigerian girls for a number of reasons. First, crochet braids are an effortless way to upgrade your style. Second, crochet braids can be beautifully styled in a variety of ways. Third, crochet braids are one of the easiest hairstyles to do by yourself.
Ladies, who consider getting this hairstyle usually have just one question: “What is the best hair to use for crochet braids?” Luckily, we are here to answer that question! Check out our guide to the best hair for crochet braids 2017 right now!
Shop for the full range of beauty on Jiji
1. How to choose the best hair for crochet braids
The first thing to know about shopping for hair for crochet braids is that while a human hair is the preferred variety when it comes to the extension, crochet braids are a different story. Most hairstylists working with crochet braids actually prefer to use synthetic hair instead.
Synthetic hair is better at holding its shape, which is crucial for creating and managing crochet braids. On the other hand, crochet braids with human hair are softer, silkier, and more convenient to work with, especially when it comes to heat styling, dyeing, and even washing. The best way to make your choice between the two types of hair is to try each one. Here are the best brands of crochet braid hair.
2. Best human hair for crochet braids
It’s worth noting that most experienced hairdressers and crochet braid wearers prefer to use synthetic hair instead of human locks because human hair is a much more expensive option. Plus, you may have trouble while trying to keep your human hair braids in place. However, if you’re determined to get crochet braids with human hair, here are some brands you can try:
- Vivica Fox Brazilian Human Hair Blend Crochet Braids – each braid has 25 strands and is available in two lengths and four attractive colors for your styling needs.
- Janet Collection Human Hair Blend Braids – this hair comes in stylish loose curls, and the variety of colors, including trendy shades with highlights, will let you easily achieve the perfect look.
- ModelModel Human Hair Blend Braids, which are perfect for tight, voluminous curls. There are two lengths on offer, and the color palette includes the hottest shades of 2017.
3. Best synthetic hair for crochet braids
If you’re looking for the best extensions for crochet braids of the synthetic variety, you’re in luck, because there are dozens of brands and types of extensions you can choose from. Here are our top picks:
- Isis Collection Bohemian Soft Water Curls are the best choice of extensions for the fans of the natural look. These curls are among the tightest locks available today, and even though they tend to frizz, this effect only adds to their natural look and feel.
- FreeTress Deep Twist allows you to create possibly the most realistic crochet braids with kanekalon hair. This synthetic hair is affordable and easily manageable, although you’ll need to watch out for tangles in the inner layers of the braids.
- NY Short Braid should be your go-to choice if you’re looking for extensions that can be worn both straight and curled. This hair strongly resembles natural relaxed hair and looks great on its own, but it also works great for crochet braids.
- Afri Naptural Senegal Bantu Twist is the number one choice for twist braids. It comes pre-twisted, which means that creating your new hairstyle will be simply a breeze. It’s also remarkably soft, and the braids come in all shades imaginable, including ombre designs.
- Janet Collection Havana Mambo Faux Locs are the ideal option for you if you love locks but hate the tedious process of creating this hairstyle. This is the easiest way to get the coveted locks that you can style any way you want afterward.
Get everything you need for the crochet braids on Jiji