The range of skin lightening products grows every year and now you can choose from hundreds of products designed for giving you fairer skin. However, not all of those products can be trusted due to their questionable ingredients.
That is why more and more women start wondering how to mix cream for lighter skin. A DIY cream will allow you to solve every skin problem without the fear of side effects. Find out how to make whitening cream at home right now!
Look beautiful everyday with the Jiji app
1. Almond and turmeric cream
One of the most popular ideas on how to mix cream for whitening is a cream based on almonds and turmeric. Here is what you’ll need for this recipe:
- Raw almonds
- Natural yogurt
- Lemon juice
Follow these steps and find out how to make whitening cream formula:
- Use a food processor to crush the almonds. Make sure not to blitz them for too long, otherwise, the almonds will turn into butter. You can also use store-bought almond flour.
- Mix the ground almonds with the rest of the ingredients, steering with a spoon until the mixture is completely homogeneous.
- Put the cream into a container with a tight lid and store in a cool, dark place. Apply the cream every night before bed.
- Avoid putting on the cream in the morning, since under direct sunlight lemon juice can damage your skin.
- You can expect the first visible results after 14 days of regular use. This is how to mix cream to lighten skin for maximum efficiency.
2. Gram flour cream
If you’re wondering how to mix cream for toning and lightening of the skin with the ingredients you have at hand, here is what you’ll need for the next recipe:
- Gram flour
- Lemon juice
- Heavy cream
Follow the steps of this guide on how to make whitening cream formula:
- Use store-bought gram flour (flour made from dried chickpeas), since it’s fairly hard to make it at home.
- Mix the dry ingredients – gram flour and turmeric – together.
- Add the lemon juice and stir the mixture well. You should use less lemon juice if you have sensitive skin that is prone to irritation.
- Start adding heavy cream, stirring the mixture constantly. Add as much cream as needed to achieve a smooth and easily manageable consistency.
- Apply the cream to your face skin or other skin parts that need whitening. As well as with the previous recipe, this cream shouldn’t be used during the day due to the risk of sun damage.
3. Lemon whitening toner
Now that you know how to mix cream for whitening, you can also make a DIY lightening toner to achieve the desired effect even faster. There are only two ingredients you will need:
- Lemon juice
To make your rose water and lemon toner, do the following:
- Mix freshly squeezed lemon juice with rose water. The basic proportions are 50/50 if you don’t have sensitive skin; the more sensitive your skin is, the less lemon juice you need to use.
- Pour the toner into a bottle and apply with a cotton pad twice a day. In the morning you can rinse it off 15 minutes after the application, and in the evening you can use it before your other skin care products without rinsing.
Achieve a perfect look with the Jiji app