The Kamana Egyptian Milk skin lightening lineup of products is among the most popular whitening solutions for women in Nigeria. If you have ever seen the Egyptian magic cream before and after photos, you were probably very impressed by the results.
Egyptian Milk can be easily purchased in stores or online, but sometimes you want to know exactly what goes into your skin care products. In that case, you can make your whitening cream at home. So how do you make Egyptian Magic Cream at home? Find out right now!
No time to make your own skin care? Shop high-quality skin whitening products on Jiji!
1. Ingredients for the Egyptian Milk cream
An Egyptian Milk bleaching cream is a very effective product, even when it’s homemade. In order to achieve this effect, the cream has a very specific list of ingredients. Some of the ingredients may not be that easy to find! You may need to visit stores with professional cosmetic ingredients.
However, the result will certainly be worth it. Here is everything you will need to make your own Egyptian Milk whitening cream:
- Emulsifying wax – 1.5 tsp
- Beeswax – 2 tsp
- Stearic acid – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil – 3 tsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Bee propolis extract – 15 drops
- Rose water – 1 cup
- Citric acid – 1 tsp
- Royal jelly – 1 tsp
- Lavender oil – 5 drops
- Goat milk powder – 100 grams
- Preservative – 2 tbsp
- Bee pollen – 2 tsp
To prepare the cream, you will need a double boiler: if you don’t have a special electric device for double boiling, you can simply use a double boiler made from a pot of boiling water and a bowl for mixing the ingredients.
Alternatively, you can melt the ingredients by putting them into a microwave oven at short intervals and thoroughly mixing the ingredients in the process.
2. How to make Egyptian whitening cream
Follow these steps to make your first jar of the Egyptian Milk cream for skin lightening:
- Combine the emulsifying wax, the stearic acid, and the olive oil in a double boiler. Melt slowly, constantly mixing the ingredients.
- Slightly heat up the rose water and add the citric acid. Stir the mixture well.
- Combine the remaining ingredients: honey, bee propolis extract, bee pollen, rose water, goat milk powder, and royal jelly with the rose water mixture.
- Put the mixture into a blender and mix until it’s smooth and homogenous.
- Sieve the mixture for an even finer texture.
- Take the heated combination of emulsifying wax, stearic acid, and olive oil and whisk it by hand until it becomes lighter and fluffier.
- Gradually add the blended mixture into your wax mixture, whisking thoroughly after each portion.
- Put the whisked mixture into a fridge for up to 15 minutes.
- Take the mixture out and whisk it again, this time using a hand mixer. You will notice the mixture becoming fluffier and lighter. At this point, you can add whitening ingredients like glutathione for an increased lightening effect. However, don’t add dry ingredients as a powder – mix then with a bit of rose water to create a smooth paste.
- Once the mixture reaches your desired texture, the cream is ready! Put it into a clean container with a tight lid. Store in a cool, dark place. Use on your face, body, elbows, knees, knuckles, and anywhere you want to see a glowing, smooth skin tone!
Shop popular skin care products on the Jiji app