The plank exercise is one of the latest crazes in the world of fitness and health. To those who have never done plank, this exercise may seem easy and ineffective. However, trying plank even once will completely change your opinion on the matter. Check out the most important plank exercise benefits and find out how to do plank the right way.
Buy affordable sports equipment from top Nigerian sellers on Jiji
1. Benefits of doing plank
Those who have never practiced the plank pose before, have lots of questions about this exercise, for example: “Do planks help flatten your stomach?” and “Can I do planks everyday?“. The answer to the latter question is definitely yes – plank is very effective when done daily. As for the health and fitness benefits of the plank pose, here are the most important ones:
- Stronger core. Your core muscles need to be regularly trained to give you the strength and body definition you’ve always wanted, and regular planks are the fastest way to achieve that. Plank will give you a flatter stomach, defined abs, and toned buttocks!
- Better posture. Bad posture is the bane of our generation, but you can easily improve it with plank. As your back gets stronger through regular plank workout, your posture will dramatically improve.
- Flexibility. If you are completely new to fitness, your body may be a bit rigid, which increases the risk of various fitness-related injuries. Plank is an easy way to gently adapt your body to more intensive exercises.
- Better mood. By regularly doing plank, you release your muscles from huge amounts of physical stress, which, in turns, triggers positive changes in your mood.
- Faster metabolism. Despite seeming very easy, the plank pose actually burns more calories than many other popular exercises. By starting your day with a series of planks, you will boost your metabolism for the whole day.
2. Is plank good for everyone?
If you’re currently researching how to do a plank, you are probably wondering whether everyone can safely do plank. Every now and then you hear about various restrictions in fitness: for example, that people with bad knees shouldn’t jump or that obese people should keep from running.
The good news is that there are no health and fitness restrictions for doing plank. Whether you have bad wrists, back problems, or a weak core, regularly doing the plank pose can help you with all of those issues in addition to giving your body a variety of other benefits. So if you are thinking of starting to do plank, you can start today without any precautions. Just start with shorter sessions and listen to your body when you want to make your workouts more intensive.
3. How to do a plank for beginners
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do plank exercise:
- Stand on the floor with your hands and knees.
- Put your hands at shoulder width and lower your forearms to the floor. Your hands must form a 90-degree angle.
- Step back with your feet, one foot at a time, until your body forms a straight line from the heels to the head.
- Face down the floor and tighten your abs. Now hold the pose for as long as you can.
- You can relax for about 1 minute and then repeat the pose. Overall, you can repeat the plank pose up to 5 times in one session.
Check out more Bowflex workouts here: https://goo.gl/jkjFMm The plank is a great core exercise that doesn’t involve doing any crunches. In fact, the basic plank doesn’t involve moving at all. This is referred to as an isometric exercise.
Buy everything you need to stay fit and healthy on the Jiji app