Lemon oil is one of the most popular essential oils around the world. It is widely used in aromatherapy and has dozens of uses in skin care and hair care. Knowing how to make essential oils at home has lots of benefits: most importantly, you know exactly which ingredients went into making your oil. Find out how to make lemon essential oil!
No time to make your own oils? Shop all kinds of quality essential oils on Jiji
1. What you’ll need
In order to know how to make lemon oil at home, first, you need to make sure you have all the ingredients and the tools ready at hand. To make your first batch of lemon essential oil, you will need just two ingredients:
- Lemons – 6
- Coconut oil – 3 cups
We will use the hot method for this “How to prepare lemon oil” tutorial, which means you will also need a stove, a medium-sized pot, and a vegetable peeler or any of your favourite knives that can finely peel the fruits. Plus, you will need a jar to store the finished product.
2. How to extract lemon oil
The hot method is actually the easiest way to get lemon oil from lemons and it’s perfectly suitable for beginners. Follow these steps to make your own lemon oil for skin lightening and other beauty purposes:
- Thoroughly wash the lemons in hot water. Leave them for about 2 hours to dry completely or pat them dry with paper towels if you don’t want to wait.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the yellow skin from all 6 lemons. Make sure not to peel the white pith underneath the yellow outer layer – it’s bitter and can spoil the end product. If you don’t have a peeler, you can use your regular knife for fine work or a grater to get the zest from the lemons.
- Put the lemon peels into a medium-sized pot and pour in enough coconut oil to completely cover the peels. Put the pot on medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer the oil for about 5 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat and put it aside for several hours. This will allow the lemon peels to fully transfer their flavour and active components to the oil.
- Sieve the oil through a fine mesh into an appropriately-sized jar with a tight lid. Store in a cool, dry place. Your lemon oil is ready!
3. Top 5 uses of lemon oil
Lemon oil is known for its variety of benefits for health and beauty, and here are 5 most popular ways to use lemon oil:
- Lemon oil is very good for your skin. It effectively nourishes dry and dehydrated skin, helps fight acne, has a strong anti-aging effect, and is known to gradually erase hyperpigmentation, scars, and other defects, giving your skin a smooth and glowing look and feel.
- Lemon oil is an essential remedy for oral health. It is famous for its teeth-whitening abilities. Moreover, you can use lemon oil to alleviate bad breath and naturally slow down the tooth decay process.
- Adding a couple of drops of lemon oil to your morning glass of water will help your body speed up its metabolism, which, in turn, will result in fat loss and giving your body the definition you’ve always dreamed of.
- If you frequentl suffer from nausea and dizziness, lemon oil can help you quickly get in shape. Simply inhale lemon oil directly from the bottle when you are experiencing those symptoms, or apply your homemade lemon oil to your temples and chest to enjoy a stronger effect.
- Massaging your hair with lemon oil has a number of benefits: it improves the blood circulation in your scalp and promotes hair growth, can help you get rid of dandruff, and gives you shinier and silker hair already after the first use.
Hello n welcome back to my channel,in this video I am going to show you easy way to make your own lemon oil at home…thanks for watching.pls do not forget to subscribe if you havent,thanks🙏🏻 INGREDIENTS Lemons(the peels) Olive oil or coconut oil or almond oil
Buy any products for health and beauty directly from your phone with the Jiji app