The newest flagmans are equipped with modern displays, impressive cameras, and powerful processors. When buying a device of this price range, users are mostly guided by their habits: Android owners would get a new Samsung, while iOS owners would buy the latest iPhone.
Both Samsung Galaxy S10+ and iPhone XS Max are premium devices you’ll be glad to use. Samsung surprises with some innovations, while Apple traditionally offers the alternative smoothly functioning system. So which one is actually better? Check out the specs and advantages of each to decide.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ specs
- Announced: February 2019.
- Released: March 2019.
- Materials: glass, aluminium frame, ceramic body.
- Colors: Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink, Ceramic Black, Ceramic White.
- Dimensions: 157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8 mm.
- Weight: 175 g.
- Protection: IP68 dust/water proof, up to 1.5m for 30 mins.
- Display: 6” dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 1440 x 3040 px, 522 ppi.
- Screen protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6, HDR10+.
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie).
- Processor: Exynos 9820, Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855, Octa-core.
- Graphics: Mali-G76 MP12, Adreno 640.
- Battery: 4100 mAh Li-Ion, non-removable.
- Charging: supports fast and wireless charging.
- RAM: 8GB and 12GB options.
- Storage: 128GB, 512GB, and 1TB options.
- Memory card: microSD up to 512GB.
- SIM: Single and Hybrid Dual Nano-SIM options.
- Rear camera: triple 12+12+16 MP (wide + telephoto + ultrawide).
- Front camera: dual 10+8 MP.
- Audio port: 3.5mm jack.
- Music: 32-bit/384kHz audio, Dolby Atmos/AKG sound, active noise cancellation.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot; Bluetooth ver. 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX; USB ver. 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
- Payment: Samsung Pay (Visa and MasterCard certified), NFC.
- GPS: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO.
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2.
- Price: from N270,000.
Catch the hottest Samsung Galaxy S10+ deals on Jiji
iPhone XS Max specs
- Announced: September 2018.
- Released: September 2018.
- Materials: glass, stainless steel frame.
- Colors: Space Gray, Silver, Gold.
- Dimensions: 157.5 x 77.4 x 7.7 mm.
- Weight: 208 g.
- Protection: IP68 dust/water resistant, up to 2m for 30 mins.
- Display: 6.5” OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 1242 x 2688 px, 458 ppi.
- Display features: Dolby Vision, HDR10, wide color gamut, 3D Touch, true-tone, 120 Hz touch-sensing.
- Screen protection: scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating.
- OS: iOS 12, upgradable to iOS 12.2.
- Processor: Apple A12 Bionic, hexa-core 2×2.5 GHz Vortex + 4×1.6 GHz Tempest.
- Graphics: Apple GPU (4-core graphics).
- Battery: 3174 mAh Li-Ion, non-removable.
- Charging: supports fast and wireless charging.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Storage: 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB options.
- Memory card: no.
- SIM: Single or Dual Nano-SIM.
- Rear camera: dual 12+12 MP (wide + telephoto).
- Front camera: 7 MP.
- Music: stereo speakers, active noise cancellation.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot; Bluetooth ver. 5.0, A2DP, LE; USB ver. 2.0, proprietary reversible connector.
- Payment: Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified), NFC.
- GPS: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS.
- Sensors: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer.
- Price: from N55,000 replica; from N160,000 original.
Get your iPhone XS Max today!
Galaxy S10+ pros
- High-quality frameless display that occupies the front panel almost entirely.
- Front camera is conveniently located occupying minimum of useful space.
- Impressively huge RAM and good storage options.
- Better battery and independence.
- Opportunity to use the smartphone to charge other devices.
Galaxy S10+ cons
- Rear camera design doesn’t work well with all color options.
- Is less quick when it comes to performance compared to the XS Max.
- Stray keystrokes due to the display’s rounded edges.
iPhone XS Max pros
- Well-balanced design without elements that are obviously contrasting.
- More powerful processor is supposed to provide better performance.
- Higher touch scanning frequency.
iPhone XS Max cons
- The front panel is occupied by the wide “unibrow” that seems quite annoying and useless.
- Comparatively small RAM and storage.
- Lower independence of operation and longer wireless charging time.
- Highly-priced, even compared to Galaxy S10+.
No matter what device you choose, it is not immune from flights and falls. Both companies try to make devices resistant to dust, water, to wear and tear, and shocking dangerous environment you are taking them to. Curious which one is going to survive longer?
Learn more about the ROKiT: http://bit.ly/Phone_Buff_ROKiT Big thanks to ROKiT for sponsoring this video. Drop test between Samsung Galaxy S10+ and Apple iPhone XS Max to see which smartphone is more durable. We use a professional drop test machine to increase both the accuracy and consistency of our drop tests.
None of these smartphones is suitable for users with limited budget: currently, they are among the most expensive on the market. If you want a quick and smoothly working device, get iPhone XS Max. If you want shocking RAM, limitless storage, and triple camera, then Galaxy S10+ is for you.