Liquid screen protectors are also often referred to as liquid glass, and both of these names describe exactly what this product is supposed to do. A liquid screen protector functions as an additional layer of glass. So how exactly to apply a liquid protector to your phone’s screen? Here is a detailed guide.
Shop liquid screen protectors in Nigeria on Jiji
1. What is a liquid screen protector?
A liquid screen protector is one of the latest additions to the smartphone screen protection market. There are many brands that produce liquid screen protectors, but most of them have the same active ingredient – Silicone Dioxide.
The Silicone Dioxide is believed to be a superior solution for protecting the screen of your phone. When applied, it looks and feels much thinner than a regular screen protector and is therefore barely noticeable when you are using the device.
2. Pros and cons
Like most popular products, liquid screen protectors have both pros and cons. Here are the pros:
- Liquid screen protectors effectively protect your phone’s screen from impact damage.
- A single container of protector can be used on several devices.
- Liquid protector is absolutely transparent and does not harm the readability of the text.
- When you are applying a liquid screen protector, you will never see any bubbles underneath it.
There are also some cons you need to consider:
- A liquid screen protector is more prone to forming scratches and cracks.
- The existing scratches and cracks on your phone’s screen will not go anywhere even with a liquid screen protector.
- A liquid screen protector is prone to discolouration and permanent damage from oil, sun, and fingerprints.
- Typically, a liquid protector lasts for up to 3 months, which means that if you want to enjoy the effect, you will need to reapply it every 3 months.
3. How to apply a liquid screen protector
If you decided to give a liquid screen protector a try, the first thing you should know that most liquid protectors come in two forms: a bottle filled with liquid and soft wipes that were pre-treated with the solution. Depending on which type you go for, the application process may be different.
If you chose a liquid screen protector in a form of wipes, follow these steps for easy application:
- Use the cleaning wipe from the pack to thoroughly clean your device on all sides, paying special attention to the screen. Clean until the wipe is dry and the screen is completely free of oil and dirt.
- Use the protection wipe to rub the solution into your phone’s screen in gentle circular motions. Don’t stop until the wipe is dry and the phone is thoroughly protected.
- Leave the phone out to dry for up to an hour. If your liquid screen protector comes with a microfiber cloth, you can gently buff your screen to make it even smoother.
In case you purchased a screen protector in the form of drops, the application process will be largely the same. You will need to clean the screen, allow it to dry, and then apply the desired amount of protection liquid before rubbing it into the screen. Wait for about 30 minutes and your newly protected phone is ready to be used!
Buy and sell mobiles phones with the Jiji app