When planning your own wedding, there are lots of important choices you need to make. We already covered various aspects of successful wedding planning, but there is one more thing you need to decide: whether you want to have your wedding on a weekend or weekday. Here are the pros and cons of a weekday wedding.
Find affordable and high-quality wedding services in Nigeria on Jiji
Having a wedding on a weekday has lots of advantages, and these are the most important ones:
- Vendors and venues. Popular wedding venues and vendors are booked months in advance, and obviously, weekend weddings are the time when they are the busiest. By going for a weekday wedding, you can finally get the venue you have always dreamed of or hire the most renowned wedding photographer or makeup artist who is normally impossible to book for a weekend wedding ceremony.
- Prices. It’s no secret that the prices for vendor services and venues depend not only on the season, but also on the day of the week. The best venues cost considerably more on weekends,and many vendors offer special discounts to the daring couples who have decided on a weekday wedding.
- Perfect for smaller weddings. If you and your future spouse are planning an intimate wedding with a very short guest list, arranging a weekday wedding ceremony will allow you to create that relaxed, low-key atmosphere that is often missing from the big and loud weekend wedding receptions.
- Destination wedding. In case you want to arrange a destination wedding in a different city or even country, you should definitely consider doing it on a weekday. Not only are the plane tickets usually cheaper in the middle of the week, but the hotels and other venues for a destination wedding are also not as expensive as they are during weekends.
With all of their pros, weekday weddings also have some cons you also need to know about:
- Scheduling conflicts. There is a good chance that most of the guests of your wedding reception work regular 9 to 5 jobs 5 days a week, so holding a wedding on a weekday might prove inconvenient to your guest. And even if they decide to reschedule their obligations for the day, they need to know that your wedding will be worth it, so make sure you offer a truly memorable event to the attendees of your weekday wedding.
- Limited fun. Weddings are usually a time when everyone tries to have as much time as possible, but that may not be easy to implement on a weekday. Even if people make the time to attend your wedding, they will likely not be able to stay until late and party hard due to having to go to work on the next day.
- Tougher for families. Weekday weddings usually take place in the afternoon and evening, which may be the reason why your wedding guests with small children may not be able to attend. Most families keep a strict bedtime for their little ones, and a late night weekday wedding may be simply impossible for them to fit into their daily routine.
3. How to have a weekday wedding
If, for any reason, you think that a weekday wedding is exactly what you need to be happy, it is essential to choose the right day for your ceremony. Most weekday wedding couples go for either Friday or Monday weddings – they are easier to attach to the weekend and allow every guest to have the complete wedding experience without any reprecussions.
Read more: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings
Plan a great wedding on any budget with the Jiji app