Every year millions of gorgeous girls from every Nigerian region apply for the title of the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, but only one of them is eventually crowned a winner. This year’s contest took place over this weekend, and here is everything you might have missed.
Look beautiful every day with health and beauty products on Jiji
1. The winner
This year, the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria contest took place for the 32nd time on Friday, October 12th. Every year, the pageant receives a different theme. This year’s edition was called Every Woman and attracted some of the prettiest, most determined, and smartest young women in Nigeria.
Read more: The Biggest Moments From #MBGN2018
The 32nd edition of Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria saw one of the toughest competitions during 36 years of the contest. Eventually, Miss Rivers, Nyekachi Douglas, received the title of the MBGN. Her victory was certainly deserved, as Nyekachi shines in every photo she appears in.
As the winner of Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Nyekachi Douglas received a brand new car and a number of other enviable prizes. However, the most coveted award of her victory is the opportunity to represent Nigeria at Miss World 2019, which will take place on December 14th at the ExCel London in London, UK.
2. The contestants
Overall, out of thousands of applicants, the MBGN officials chose the top 15 to take part in the pageant event. The top 15 list of the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 2019 contest looks like this:
- Miss Abia – Michelle Nwagbara
- Miss Abuja – Pamela Ifejoku
- Miss Anambra – Agatha Chukwuelue
- Miss Bauchi – Chiamaka Nlemoha
- Miss Bayelsa – Becky Ogene
- Miss Delta – Joy Ossai
- Miss Ebonyi – Joy Ejiro Akpokiniovo
- Miss Edo – Akeelah Aminu
- Miss Enugu – Munachimso Oji
- Miss Imo – Ugonna Njemanze
- Miss Kano – Ezinne Offiah
- Miss Katsina – Chidinma Nwachukwu
- Miss Rivers – Nyekachi Douglas
- Miss Taraba – Olutosin Araromi
- Miss Zamfara – Tamarabrakemi Tonwerigha
Out of these 15 contestants that made it to the official event, the jury then selected not only the winner, but also the runners-up and the winners of the several additional categories. Here they are:
- Best National Costume: Miss Abia, Michelle Nwagbara
- Model of the Year: Miss Delta, Joy Ossai
- Miss Photogenic: Miss Kwara, Folakemi Yunusa
- Best Evening Wear: Miss Taraba, Olutosin Araromi
- Face of Lush: Miss Adamawa, Cynthia Afuzy
- Best Talent: Miss Ogun, Temitope Are
- Miss Amity: Miss Rivers, Nyekachi Douglas
- Third Runner-up: Miss Edo, Akeelah Aminu
- Second Runner-up: Miss Abuja, Pamela Ifejoku
- First Runner-up: Miss Taraba, Olutosin Araromi
3. Memorable moments
The crowning of the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria winner is definitely the most exciting moment of the event, but it’s not the only one the viewers will remember for a long time. Here are the most memorable moments of the 2019 MBGN:
The portion of the show where the contestants demonstrate their traditional outfits never fails to attract the attention of the viewers – you don’t often see a huge amount of stunning native wear like this:
The evening wear portion of the event was equally exciting: this selection of gorgeous dresses could be easily imagined on the fanciest of red carpets.
The swimsuit segment is traditionally one of the most controversial, but these ladies certainly know how to rock a sequined bikini!
The MBGN 2019 contest was graced by a performance from Seyi Shay, who put her heart and soul into her singing and invited the contestants to join her on stage for a synchronized dancing session.
Keep up with the trends thanks to the Jiji app