Shaving your eyebrows to get the desired shape is certainly an unconventional way to groom your brows, but when you know what you are doing, you can achieve some great results. Here is everything you need to know about shaving your eyebrows.
Shop eyebrow makeup for any budget on Jiji
1. What you’ll need
The only tool you need for shaping your eyebrows with a razor is the razor itself. Of course, we are not talking about the regular disposable razor, which is not a good option for this procedure. You also shouldn’t use a loose blade for shaving your eyebrows, since it’s too risky and you can accidentally cut yourself. The best tool for shaving your eyebrows is an eyebrow razor, which has just the right shape and size for a comfortable grip and precise movements.
Disposable Eyebrow Shavers! Great for cleaning up brows before a procedure 🤗 Razor sharp Italian blades for easy, quick and safe use before or after Cosmetic Tattoo procedures. Removes even fine hairs with simple short strokes! Each pack comes with 3 disposable shavers 💗💛💚 . . . #disposable #shaver #razor #biotouch #cosmetictattoo #cosmetictattooing #tattoo #cosmetic #procedure #microbladingeyebrows #microblading #microbladingeyebrows #brow #brows #eyebrow #eyebrowrazor #aftercare #microbladebrows #shadedbrows #browsonpoint #tattooeyebrows #ombrebrows #beauty #tattooaftercare #browsonfleek #pmu #spmu #thinkmbc #thinksupplies #thinkaesthetics
6 Likes, 1 Comments – THink Cosmetic Tattoo Supplies (@thinkaesthetics.supplies) on Instagram: “Disposable Eyebrow Shavers! Great for cleaning up brows before a procedure 🤗 Razor sharp Italian…”
2. How to shave your eyebrows
Ready to transform the look of your eyebrows with an eyebrow razor? Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it the right way:
- Directly before the procedure, take a hot shower. The steam from the water will open up your hair follicles and made the eyebrows hairs softer, which will make the process of shaving easier and less traumatic.
- Brush your eyebrow hairs in an upward direction – this will make it easier to see which hairs need trimming.
- The next thing you should do is draw the ideal eyebrow look you want to create. Take an eyebrow pencil or marker that is highly visible on your skin and hairs – preferably, it should be considerably darker than your natural eyebrow hair tone. Then draw the eyebrow shape you want to achieve, making sure it is symmetrical, flattering, and identical on both eyebrows.
- You don’t need a special shaving cream or another product for eyebrow shaving, but you can apply a small amount of your regular moisturizer to your eyebrow area. This will make the razor glide easier and will serve as a layer of protection for your skin.
- Trim the eyebrow hairs that grow above and below the line of your eyebrow stencil. Use brief but confident strokes, being extra careful not to scrape yourself. Remove the hairs in the direction of their growth. In this case, it’s best to take the task slowly, removing as little hairs at once as possible.
- If you have hairs growing between your eyebrows, you can use the eyebrow razor to get rid of those as well. Here you can use broader strokes, but still be careful not to accidentally shave off more than you need or hurt your delicate skin.
- Use a soft towel to remove the shaven eyebrow hairs from the razor in between strokes.
- When you think you are done, wipe off the remaining moisturizer and take a good look at your eyebrows in a mirror. If the eyebrows are perfectly symmetrical and have your desired shape, you can wash off the eyebrow pencil and apply some eyebrow gel to make the new shape of your eyebrows more pronounced.
Get perfectly shaped brows with eyebrow razors. Just be careful not to shave off you’re entire eyebrow! #eyebrowsonfleek #insiderbeauty
1,628 Likes, 59 Comments – Beauty Insider (@insiderbeauty) on Instagram: “Get perfectly shaped brows with eyebrow razors. Just be careful not to shave off you’re entire…”
3. How to maintain your eyebrows
With shaving, new eyebrow hairs will grow out quicker than they would do with plucking or waxing. Plus, the eyebrows hairs that grow out after shaving tend to be thicker and darker than normal. For this reason, you will need to maintain your newly shaved eyebrows regularly. You will have to repeat the procedure at least once a week or more frequently if you are not satisfied with how your eyebrows look. If you want to go for a longer time in between eyebrow grooming sessions, consider choosing plucking, threading, or waxing instead.
Read more: Ten Makeup Hacks Every Woman Should Know
Look who did makeup finally😄 Me 🙋🏻♀️ and I snapped this picture too 🙋🏻♀️ ⠀⠀ My best girl @the_mosope is without a doubt the most beautiful 💅🏻😍. ⠀⠀ I definitely have missed you all💜💜 ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ Say something in the comment section❤️❤️ #darkskinmakeup #makeuplover #melaninmakeupdaily #shimycatsmua @melaninmakeupdaily @melaninbeautiesunite #maryhadalittleglam #nigerianbeautyblogger #hairmakeupdairy #locs #makeupartistsworldwide #underratedmuas #naijabestmua #makeupforblackwomen #makeupforever #muainlagos #blogger #beautyhacks #peachyqueenblog #makegirlz #beautyeditorial #beautybloggers #undiscovered_muas #makegirlz #melanin #saturday #blackdontcrack #100daysofmakeup #instagood #hustlersquare #bellanaijabeauty #foundation ⠀⠀
395 Likes, 33 Comments – Ayoka Signatures (@ayokasignatures) on Instagram: “Look who did makeup finally😄 Me 🙋🏻♀️ and I snapped this picture too 🙋🏻♀️ ⠀⠀ My best girl…”
Find everything you need to look gorgeous every day on the Jiji app