Only a decade ago, a corset was considered to be an undergarment and could be rarely seen worn by women outside. However, corsets recently went through an impressive transformation and went from being mostly shapewear to being one of the most coveted fashion items. Here is how to rock a corset in your style!
Shop corsets for any taste and budget on Jiji
1. Types of corsets
To an untrained eye, all corsets may seem similar or even exactly the same. But the truth is that there are several very distinctive types of corsets that have different features and are used in different styles. Here are the types of corsets you need to know about:
Read more: How To Rock Corset Belts
- Underbust corsets, which begin just below you breasts and end in the lower part of your midsection. These corsets may differ in materials, silhouettes, availability of straps, and the amount of support they give to your back and shoulders, but the main idea behind an underbust corset remains the same.
78 Likes, 12 Comments – Heaven ✨ (@hardworkingheaven) on Instagram: “Are you working hard, or hardly working? (#underbustcorset and skirt set #handmade by me.)”
- Overbust corsets, which stretch from your underarms to your hips. These corsets fully cover your breasts and offer great support for your back and shoulders. Moreover, they highlight your waist and give your figure an hourglass look. Overbust corsets generally look more demure and can be built into many different outfits.
A beautiful shade of purple 💜 . Many thanks to @theresafractale forgiving us permission to post this flawless image. #repost . Advertisement: Model: @theresafractale Photo : @anniebertramphoto Corset & Neck Corset: @wytephantom Earrings : @alchemyengland . #corset #corsets #neckcorsets #neckcorset
254 Likes, 10 Comments – Seven Corsets (@sevencorsets) on Instagram: “A beautiful shade of purple 💜 . Many thanks to @theresafractale forgiving us permission to post…”
- Bustier, which is actually not a corset but shares many features with it. A bustier is designed to lift up your breasts and give you a more appealing cleavage. However, bustiers don’t make any difference in your waist area and are generally worn underneath the clothes, not on top of it.
690 Likes, 25 Comments – Bustier Corset คอร์เซ็ท (@bussaba_corset) on Instagram: “คอร์เซ็ท ท็อปครอป แฮนเมด งานฮอตตต งานปัง มีแต่ลูกค้าถามถึง แอดไลน์ติดตามสินค้าล็อตถัดไปเลยค่าา🥰”
2. How to wear a corset
Corsets can be very tricky to incorporate into your outfit: when you wear a corset as the main part of your look, it’s very easy to go overboard and look tacky instead of tasteful. Here are some tips on how to wear a corset and look like the trendiest and most elegant person around:
Read more: Ankara Jumpsuit Styles You Will Love
- A brocade corset in a deep jewel or dark tone with a matching skirt makes a great look for a formal event such as a wedding or party. In that case, your skirt should be long enough to create a tasteful look.
- A corset can be the perfect way to spice up your favourite skinny jeans. Pair the jeans and the corset with low-heel shoes for a casual look or pumps and a fancy clutch for a gorgeous outfit when going out.
- If you have a trendy white shirt that has a rather loose fit, pairing it with a corset will give your waist some definition. This outfit can be worn to all kinds of occasions, including an office with a relaxed dress-code.
- Choose a contrasting coloured corset to wear with your favourite dress to create an interesting effect. This outfit may be bold, but it will effortlessly upgrade your fashion status.
- Not ready to go for a full corset? You can start by casually incorporating a corset belt into your style. Corset belts are much easier to pair with other clothes and don’t look too extravagant for beginner fashionistas.
708 Likes, 75 Comments – ☼ (@_cicichanel_) on Instagram: “just incase you were clueless about today being my birthday… #streetchic #ootd #corsetoutfit”
3. Corset fashion styles
If you’re looking for cool ideas on how to wear a corset, here are some trendy and chic looks featuring a corset.
Read more: Trending Aso Ebi Styles You Should Know
Here is how you can add waist definition even to the most casual outfit:
Burn belly fat, reduce your waist size and accentuate your curves with our unique corsets. #unicbodyshapers #corset #corsets #fatburner #tummytrimmer #bellytrimmer #bellyfatburner #bellyfattrimmer #corsetportharcourt #corsetlagos #corsetabuja #corsetuyo #portharcourt #corsetnigeria #amazingwaisttrainers #amazingcorset #waisttrainersportharcourt #womeninportharcourt #lagos #abuja #women #womenfashion #fashionaccesories #fashionnigeria
40 Likes, 8 Comments – Gideon Akandu (@unicbodyshapers) on Instagram: “Burn belly fat, reduce your waist size and accentuate your curves with our unique corsets….”
Add a colourful corset to an all-black outfit to create an eye-catching contrast and highlight your waist:
99 problems but a cinched waist ain’t 1. Shop our corset top(set) to create this look and many others. Available in sizes . #sallyscloset #lagos #corset #corsettop #corsetoutfit #lingerie
18 Likes, 1 Comments – Sally’s Closet (@closet_sally) on Instagram: “99 problems but a cinched waist ain’t 1. Shop our corset top(set) to create this look and many…”
Even the standard combination of a white t-shirt and black leather leggings can be significantly upgraded with an addition of a corset:
“Tell a hater I said….” STYLED BY ME 💎 @natural_spark #StyledbyMe #styledbyenicolextra #asuhyc #atlstylist #explorepage #albanystylist #prettylittlething #nastygal #streetstyle #blackentrepreneurs #corset #corsetoutfit #ootd #ootn #personalshopper #bookme
100 Likes, 3 Comments – 💎 𝚂𝚝𝚢𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝/𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚛 💎 (@enicolextraaaa) on Instagram: “”Tell a hater I said….” STYLED BY ME 💎 @natural_spark #StyledbyMe #styledbyenicolextra #asuhyc…”
Black pencil skirt, a solid-coloured shirt and a leather corset equal a stunning and very sexy outfit you can wear anywhere!
“SNATCHED” Corset AVAILABLE NOW in all sizes in the colors ⚫️ EBONY & ⚪️IVORY! Use Code: SNATCHED for Free Shipping on all orders! What are you waiting for babe? Shop luxebylana.com 💎 *⠀ *⠀ *⠀ *⠀ *⠀ *⠀ *⠀ * ⠀ #onlinefashion #boutiqueclothing #luxuryshop #boutiquestyle #boutiquehub #boutiquelife #boutiquefinds #getinmycloset #onlineshopping #womenscollection #onlineshoes #shopoholics #shopaddict #discoverunder5k #fashiondiaries💋 #onlinefashionboutique #classyfashion #igoutfit #corsets #corsetdress #corsetoutfit
35 Likes, 1 Comments – LUXE (@luxebylana) on Instagram: “”SNATCHED” Corset AVAILABLE NOW in all sizes in the colors ⚫️ EBONY & ⚪️IVORY! Use Code: SNATCHED…”
Even your favourite shirt dress can be made 100% better if you add a trendy corset on top of it.
It’s a love affair…🖤⠀ Shop the “Snatched” corset in Ivory ⠀ Visit luxebylana.com to shop where ℂ𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕪 meets 𝓕𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓱𝔂!! 💎⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ *⠀⠀ *⠀⠀ *⠀⠀ *⠀⠀ *⠀⠀ *⠀⠀ *⠀⠀ * ⠀
20 Likes, 1 Comments – LUXE (@luxebylana) on Instagram: “It’s a love affair…🖤⠀ Shop the “Snatched” corset in Ivory ⠀ Visit luxebylana.com to shop where…”
Buy and sell with confidence from your phone using the Jiji app