The effect of face masks from tomatoes can be noticed literally on the next day from the beginning of their application. Thanks to the active elements of the tomato mixture, it softens and moisturizes the skin, reduces inflammation, pigmentation, regenerates the skin, and protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation. And all of this is because tomatoes contain such useful vitamins and minerals for the skin, such as calcium, potassium, choline, vitamins A, B9, K and N. Regular usage of tomato masks has a rejuvenating effect on the skin, giving it a healthy shine and elasticity.
It should first be noted that the tomato contains acids, which can irritate sensitive skin. Therefore, before applying the mask, it is recommended to test for allergies, on a small amount of the composition applied in the elbow bend. If after two or three hours skin has no changes (red spots, flaking, itching), the tomato mask can be safely used on the face. However, even in the absence of allergy to apply such masks should be subject to the following recommendations:
- do not apply the tomato mixture more often than once a week;
- for sensitive facial skin, tomato mask should be used with caution;
- for the preparation of the mask only ripe fresh vegetables should be used;
- if you don’t like the sensations of tomato paste on the on your face, then you can safely use the juice of fresh tomatoes;
- the mask is applied to the face, except the eye area.
Peel, separate the seeds and chop into the pulp a quarter of a tomato. Add the tomato puree 3 teaspoons of natural yogurt, 1 teaspoon of cucumber juice, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of oatmeal and 1 tbsp of aloe vera juice (if desirable). Thoroughly stir the mixture and apply on your face with a thin layer. After 20 minutes, rinse with cool water.
Grate one tomato without skin, add a spoonful of warm liquid honey, a little grape juice and apply a thick mixture on your face. Hold the mask for 25 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Mix the pulp of a tomato with one egg yolk, add 2 tbsp of wheat flour and apply the mixture evenly on the face. Hold the mask for 15 minutes and rinse with cool water.
And finally, a few recommendations:
- to improve the complexion, add lemon juice in a paste of tomatoes;
- to cleanse a face, mix the tomato juice with a spoonful of bran;
- the fresh vegetable can be simply cut into slices and put evenly on the face.