We bet you have heard about the Ketogenic diet in Nigeria, that is the new lifestyle of many Nigerians.
This diet is an approach that was discovered in 1920 to cure epilepsy. It offers you to eat high-fat, low-protein and extra low carbohydrate meals.
A true Nigerian Keto diet puts your body in a so-called «Ketosis state» that lowers insulin and ultimately reduces fat store.
Let’s find out more about the Keto diet, discuss the allowed and forbidden foods, take a look at the diet plan and, of course, check out the tasty recipes!
Buy quality meals and drinks on Jiji much cheaper from real sellers from all around the country!
1. The simple reasons should you go Keto
2. Keto diet contradictions
Keep in mind that you should do a deep research before starting any diet, especially Keto.
So before getting involved into the Keto diet, you must be:
- Physically healthy.
- Not pregnant/looking to get pregnant.
- Not breastfeeding.
- Also, you mustn’t have problems with the blood pressure.
And before you drink all the oil in the house, keep these two things in mind:
- The carb-to-fat ratio has to be right for Ketosis to occur.
- Type of fat in your body does matter.
3. Keto diet Nigeria: the list of foods that you can eat
- Red meat or organ meat, bacon, sausages, bacon, turkey & chicken.
- Fatty fish like mackerel, tuna etc.
- Oils: palm, olive, coconut oil.
- Nuts & seeds: walnuts, Almond seeds, etc.
- Butter (but not margarine).
- Low carb veggies: spinach, Ugwu, okro, green, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions, lettuce leaves, cabbage.
- Low carb fruits: coconut. Avocado.
You can add salt, pepper & different healthy spices and herbs to taste.
Most diet plans often include the following Keto Nigerian food for lunch and dinner:
- Beef/chicken meat with vegetables.
- Beef/chicken/fish pepper soup.
- Beef/chicken/fish suya.
- Chicken with Cabbage rice.
- Keto swallow & soup.
Find meat products on Jiji for the best prices!
4. Keto diet Nigeria: the foods you should avoid list
You should limit or eliminate the consumption of all foods that are high in carbohydrates.
- Sugary foods: fruit juice, soft drinks, cakes, smoothies, sweets, ice cream, etc.
- Starches & grains: wheat-based meals, cereals, pasta & noodles, rice, semovita, etc.
- All fruits.
- Beans/legumes: beans & peas.
- Root vegetables: Yam, potatoes, plantain, carrots etc.
- Low-fat products: these products are often high in carbohydrates and highly processed.
- Some sauces and condiments that contain sugar.
- Unhealthy fats: limit the consumption of processed vegetable oils.
- Alcohol: many beverages can throw you out of Ketosis state.
5. Nigerian Keto diet plan
What should I eat? It’s probably the most common question from keto beginners. This complete keto diet plan has a full 14-day keto menu, and it’s free. We also have 100+ more low-carb meal plans & shopping lists that adapts to your wishes, skip or change meals or number of servings.
6. Nigerian Keto recipes
Join AFRICAN KETO DIET, our Facebook support group to learn more https://www.facebook.com/groups/388040468205921/. MY OTHER CHANNELS ********************************* MARTHA’S KITCHEN:::::: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk9GxDp2MLYCTNTO2NZ1A1A OBYMARTHA::::::::::::https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSYaOwEPU-EGXJTbOeXE_cg BRAIDSNBEAUTY::::::::::::http://www.youtube.com/c/braidsnbeauty70 FOR BUSINESS ENQUIRIES ****************************************************** EMAIL:::::::::::::::::https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/ FACEBOOK:::::::::https://www.facebook.com/braidsnbeauty/ INSTAGRAM:::::::https://www.instagram.com/braids_n_beauty/ TWITTER::::::::::::https://twitter.com/braidsnbeauty
What if I told you that you can still enjoy some of your favourite Nigerian meals while eating low carbs/ Keto. The key is to find alternatives that work and taste just as good. I hope you enjoyed my first Nigerian Keto recipe video as I have a whole lot more to come.
Cabbage Eba Swallow
This is a video series of African inspired Ketogenic diet compliant dishes. I am going to be introducing you to Ketogenic diet though the African cook’s eyes. This is one in the series of alternative swallows.
Keto Sausage Rolls & Fish Buns
Here are some of my favourite low carb Nigerian Snacks, first the sausage rolls and then the fish buns. I really enjoyed these snacks and I hope you do too. There are two versions of the sausage rolls, one with almond flour and one with coconut flour.
Spicy Keto stew
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP HERE:::::https://www.facebook.com/groups/388040468205921/. MY OTHER CHANNELS ******************************** BRAIDSNBEAUTY::::::::::::http://www.youtube.com/c/braidsnbeauty70 AFRICAN KETO DIET:::::::https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSYaOwEPU-EGXJTbOeXE_cg MARTHA’S WORLD:::::::: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbLiV3OIMtlL1-pSSIiwtQ FOR BUSINESS ENQURIES EMAIL::::::::::[email protected]
Install free updated Jiji app now and get the best Jiji deals right on your smartphone!