Even and glowing skin tone is the lifelong dream of millions of women, but you hear so much about Fair and White cream side effects or Dodo cream side effects that you start to wonder if there are any safe whitening products.
Shop thousands of popular whitening skin care products on Jiji
1. Common side effects of skin lightening creams
So what exactly are the most common skin light cream side effects? When using untrustworthy skin whitening products that contain hydroquinone, you risk experiencing the following skin bleaching side effects:
- Your skin can become too thin and sensitive, changing the way you react to even minor skin irritating factors.
- Dryness and itchiness are two other common side effects of aggressive skin whitening products, and prolonged use of the product will only makes things worse.
- You may experience redness and flakiness of your skin.
- Instead of reaching an even, lighter tone, your skin can actually change its colour for a darker shade.
- Uneven pigmentation, where dark skin areas appear on your skin, are a very common skin lightening side effect.
2. Top 5 skin whitening creams without side effects
By now you probably know that in order not to lead to uncomfortable side effects, the skin whitening product you’re using should be hydroquinone-free. Here are 5 contenders for the title of the best skin lightening cream without side effects you can buy right now in Nigeria.
1. Jergens Fair And Soft Fairness Moisturizer
Jergens is one of the most reputable brands in skin care, and their Fair And Soft moisturizer is one of the best-selling products in Nigeria. It can be used both on the face and the body, giving your skin the desired shade without the dryness or irritation.
2. Q7 Carrotte Whitening Serum
If you want to get the best possible results, a single whitening cream may not be enough – you’ll also need something as strong as a lightening serum. The serum from Q7 Carrotte is very concentrated but rather gentle, which is exactly what you need for achieving your dream skin tone.
3. Nivea Natural Fairness Body Lotion
If you’re dreaming of smooth and even-toned skin all over your body without the risk of side effects linked to hydroquinone, consider the Natural Fairness body lotion from Nivea. Its lightweight but nourishing formula effectively locks the moisture in your skin, bringing out the best skin tone you’ve ever had.
4. Bismid Skin Whitening Cream
Bismid cosmetics originated in Nigeria, and no one knows better what Nigerian women want from skin care products than a local brand. Bismid contains a whole range of products targeted at skin lightening and evening out the skin tone, and the Skin Whitening Cream is the most popular one.
5. Dove Energy Glow Brightening Moisturizer
In order for your skin to look its best, it’s not enough to just lighten – it also needs to be regularly moisturized. The Energy Glow Brightening Moisturizer from Dove has won the affection of thousands of Nigerian ladies thanks to its visible effect on the skin.
Shop effective and affordable skin care on the Jiji app