There are hundreds of ways to make money in Nigeria right now, but one of the most popular ones is, as always, sales. You can sell products made in Nigeria, but you can expect more substantial profits if you sell goods bought from China, the US, and the UK. Here is everything you need to know!
Sell to millions of Nigerians without leaving your home with Jiji
1. What to buy online
The variety of products you can buy from Chinese, US, and UK sites and later sell in Nigeria is nearly endless. However, some products obviously sell better than others. Plus, with many products, you can make a much more impressive profit due to the products being cheap but selling at a higher price in Nigeria. To find out what sells best at any given time, you can browse sites like Jiji and analyze the offers from the sellers.
Read more: Trending Products To Buy And Sell In 2020
2. What you’ll need
Buying online and selling in Nigeria is easier than you think. The real benefit of this type of business is that you can start it with any amount of money you have. Here is a list of things you will need to import goods from China, the UK, or the US.
- Startup capital
- Computer/laptop, mobile phone, or tablet with internet access
- Debit card suitable for online payments
- Valid shipping address in Nigeria
- Valid shipping address in the UK/the US (not mandatory)
With most online shopping websites, you can ship goods directly to your Nigerian address. However, some stores like Amazon may not deliver many of their products internationally. In that case, you will need to use the services of a mail forwarder, who will give you a shipping address in the UK or the US and will then ship your goods from that address to your Nigerian address.
3. Where to shop
Only a decade ago, most people in the world only knew Amazon and eBay as the most popular shopping locations for international buyers. Today, however, we have many more opportunities to shop online. Amazon and eBay remain major players, but there are several more popular options for those who want to import goods from overseas.
If you plan to work with a specific niche, you can find plenty of smaller online stores who will gladly ship to your location. Still, the number one choice for importing goods to Nigeria is currently Aliexpress. Aliexpress is a Chinese platform where thousands of independent sellers offer any kinds of goods you can imagine.
There are many benefits to Aliexpress compared to other online stores. First, the prices here are extremely competitive and you can often get a discount for buying products in bulk. Second, Aliexpress often offers free shipping to Nigeria or sets minimal shipping costs that are affordable to anyone. Third, the choice of goods on Aliexpress is unparalleled and can fit any taste and budget.
4. How to shop online
Even if you have never shopped online from overseas, you will be delighted to know that buying from Aliexpress and other stores is super easy. Here is a step-by-step instruction on shopping online:
- Create your account by filling in a few fields. That way, you will be able to add products to your wish list, get special offers, and place your orders within seconds.
- Enter your search query into the search field or browse the categories on the website. You can sort the goods by the number of orders to see the best-selling products, or sort them from low price to high price to see the most affordable options.
- Add the necessary products to your cart and choose the shipping method. Fill in the shipping details of your order and be extra careful: if there are any mistakes in your shipping information or name, you may have trouble receiving your order.
- If you are buying from Amazon or another site that does not ship to Nigeria directly, you will need to get a US or UK shipping address from a mail forwarder prior to placing the order.
- Pay for the order using your debit card and wait for your order to be shipped.
- If the seller provided you with a tracking number for your order, you can track your package right until it arrives at your post office.
- Collect your package at the post office and start making money by selling those goods on Jiji.
Start your successful business from home with the Jiji app