Bread is one of the oldest and one of the most widely spread food ever. It is really rich and full of nutrients, especially carbohydrates. Although different types of bread have different tastes, all of them go well with almost any food you eat. You can buy bread in any store, but you can also learn how to make bread at home to always have access to this tasty goodness. Here are some of the best bread recipes just for you!
If you are unfamiliar with baking, you will need some specific tools to learn how to make bread. They include:
- Mixing bowls (preferably a couple of them);
- Rolling pin;
- Baking pan, shaped like the bread you want to make;
- Flat board (preferably wooden, but not that important);
- Oven (preheated before use).
If you have this stuff ready, you need to prepare the ingredients for baking bread.
There are different types of bread, which means that there are different bread ingredients for each type. However, there are some basic ingredients to make bread. So, here is what are the ingredients to make bread:
- 3 cups of flour (type depends on the type of bread you’re making);
- ½ cup of milk;
- 1 cup of milk;
- 1 portion of yeast, preferably quick-rising;
- 1 ½ tbsp. of butter;
- 1 ½ tbsp. of sugar;
- 1 tbsp. of salt;
- 1 cup of lukewarm water;
- Vegetable oil (any type).
3. How to make homemade bread
Here is the bread-making process step-by-step:
- Mix together 2 cups of flour, sugar, salt and yeast;
- Add warm milk and melted butter to the mixture. Do it slowly, carefully stir everything in the process;
- Start adding the remaining cup of flour, while continuing to stir the mixture. The consistency of the dough you’re going to get should be smooth, elastic and stringy;
- Add some flour to your working surface and on your hands and start kneading the dough. This way you will enrich it with air and make the bread softer;
- Sprinkle the oil on a big bowl and put the dough in it. Cover it and put somewhere for an hour;
- After this time, the dough should rise to about twice its previous size. Knead it for a minute and put it into the baking pan you’re going to use. Coat the pan with oil before using it. Use the rolling pin to make the dough fit the pan perfectly.
- Cover the dough and leave it for one more hour. After that, make a few incisions on top of it to make sure the insides of your loaf are baked.
- Put the baking pan into the preheated to about 350-400 degrees oven. Bake it for about 40 minutes. Then, if it looks ready, let it cool down for about 20 minutes. After that, your bread, made according to the best bread recipe, is ready!
4. How to make bread at home without oven
Now you know how to bake bread, but what do you do if you don’t have an oven? There is a solution to this problem too. Here is how to make Nigerian bread with the help of an impromptu Dutch oven:
- Take a large iron pot as your base;
- Place a couple of stones or pieces of tile in the middle of the pot;
- Place a baking pan on these stones. Make sure that there is some space between the pan and the pot for a free air flow;
- Make sure that the lid fits the pot really good. Place some weight on it if it’s not the case;
- Use the same homemade bread recipes with yeast to make your dough;
- Preheat the Dutch oven for about 5 minutes, then bake the bread for about 35 minutes. Now you’re ready to bake the bread without an oven!