Toast is the favorite breakfast for millions of adults and kids around the world for a reason: Nigerian toast bread is tasty, nutritional, and is super easy to make. When cooked with other ingredients for toast bread, this breakfast becomes even more delicious and better for your health. Find out how to make toast bread in Nigeria right now!
Find a new affordable toaster on Jiji
1. How to make toast bread with egg
Toast bread with an egg is one of the traditional ways of preparing this breakfast. To learn how to make Nigerian toast bread with egg the traditional way, first check out the ingredient list:
- Bread – 6-7 slices
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 100ml
- Sugar – 2tsp
- Butter for frying – 1tsp
- Sugar, honey, jam for serving
Right now you’re about to find out how to make toast bread with frying pan. Follow these steps and learn how to make toast bread at home.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl to a smooth consistency. Add the milk and the sugar and whisk once again for the sugar to dissolve.
- Heat up a large frying pan and add the butter. Wait for it to melt.
- Dip the bread slices into the egg batter one by one, leaving them in the batter for 10-20 seconds on both sides.
- Fry the slices on both sides for 1 to 2 minutes or until they turn golden brown on each side.
- If the frying pan has turned dry, add more butter for frying.
- Put the toasts on a plate. Serve them with sprinkled sugar, honey, jam, or other of your favorite sweet condiments.
Now you know how to prepare toast bread the classic way. This dish is often referred to as French bread. To make the French toast taste even better, add some vanilla extract and ground nutmeg to the egg batter. This is also by far the easiest way on how to make toast bread without a toaster.
2. How to make toast bread at home with a toaster
If you’re lucky enough to have a toaster in your kitchen, you can use the knowledge of how to make toast bread without a toaster and apply it to your device. Nigerians also love savory egg toasts that are even easier to make. Here is what you’ll need to learn how to make toast bread with egg:
- Bread slices – 4
- Egg – 1
- Sardines – 2
- Butter or margarine
This recipe works great not only for breakfast, but also as a snack or appetizer. Follow these steps to find out how to make toast bread in Nigeria with a toaster.
- Preheat the toaster until the light goes off.
- Lightly grease the bread slices on one side with butter or margarine.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl and deep your bread slices into the beaten egg.
- It’s best to assemble the toasted bread directly in the toaster. Put the bottom slice of the bread onto the griddle. Add the chopped sardines and lettuce. You can also add beans, cheese, hard-boiled egg, and other ingredients to taste. Cover with the second bread slice.
- Close the toaster lid and leave the toast to be fully cooked – you can tell if it’s cooked when the bread surface fas turned golden brown.
- Slice the toast diagonally and serve.
That’s it! Now you know the two most popular ways of how to toast bread in Nigeria. Sweet or savory – what is your family going to like more?
Buy the freshest high-quality food products on the Jiji app