Cocoa butter is often referred to as the holy grail product in beauty and health, alongside coconut oil and shea butter. But what exactly are the best uses of cocoa butter? Check out top cocoa butter benefits and uses right now!
Find the most effective cocoa butter cream on Jiji
1. How to make cocoa butter at home
Did you know you could take advantage of dozens of cocoa butter uses with the butter you make at home? It’s true! Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make cocoa butter.
- Wash the cocoa beans in cold water to get rid of dust and debris. Air dry the beans by spreading them out in a thin layer.
- Set your oven temperature between 40 and 60 degrees and roast the beans for 1 1/2 hours. To make sure the cocoa beans are roasted evenly, turn the baking tray several times.
- After taking the beans out of the oven, cool them down quickly using a fan.
- Lightly tap the beans with a hammer or other heavy tool to get rid of shells and release the inner nib – the most valuable part of the beans. You can separate the nib from the shells manually or using a large sieve.
- Use a blender to process the cocoa bean nibs that will turn into liquid from the heat of the blender. Use a cheesecloth to sieve the cocoa bean liquid – the white stuff that remains in the cloth is the cocoa butter. Put it into a container with a tight lid and store in a cool dark place.
If you’re wondering how to make cocoa butter from cocoa powder, we must tell you that it’s not technically possible. However, with cocoa butter and cocoa powder you can make your own delicious homemade dark chocolate!
Link to my new channel: http://www.youtube.com/homehandyhints FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/toddskitchen TWITTER https://twitter.com/SimpleEasyCook How to make white chocolate: http://youtu.be/Swh8zyQ35WQ New recipes every: TUESDAY, THURSDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY Follow me on: http://tinyurl.com/ToddsYouTubeVlog http://tinyurl.com/ToddsFacebook http://tinyurl.com/ToddsTwitter http://tinyurl.com/ToddsGoogle+ Ingredients: 3.5 tablespoons cocoa butter 3.5 tablespoons dark cocoa powder 1 tablespoon honey 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract All music used is Royalty-Free from: http://incompetech.com/music/
2. Cocoa butter skin benefits
Cocoa butter has many valuable uses for your skin – here are the most important ones:
- Cocoa butter lotion or cream is a fantastic moisturizer for your skin, whether you use it on your face or body. Apply cocoa butter on face at night to see a drastic change in dry skin!
- Thanks to its amazing moisturizing effect, many ladies love using cocoa butter for skin lightening – it can make the dark spots appear less visible and give your skin a glowing look.
- Use the best cocoa butter lotion like Palmers or your favourite cocoa butter cream to fight stretch marks, scars, and hyperpigmentation – it’s believed to be a must-have product for alleviating those skin conditions.
- If you have sensitive skin that is prone to irritation, use cocoa butter soap for gently cleansing the skin and preventing skin allergies.
3. Cocoa butter hair benefits
A very common answer to the question: “What is cocoa used for?” is actually improving the condition of your hair! Here is how cocoa butter benefits hair.
- Cocoa butter is a powerful moisturizer for your hair and scalp, helping normalize the moisture levels and making your hair less oily or dry.
- Fine hair becomes noticeably livelier and fuller with the help of cocoa butter.
- If you’re losing hair due to breakage or your hair being too fragile, make cocoa butter treatments several times a week.
- Cocoa butter makes hair more manageable, both when it’s used as a pre-wash product or as a hair styling product once the hair is dry.
The universal recipe for using cocoa butter for hair is the following: melt a couple of tablespoons of cocoa butter using a microwave oven or water bath and apply to your hair 20 minutes before a hair wash. Wash off with gentle shampoo.
Shop thousands of popular beauty products on the Jiji app