The Peugeot 406 is a model that has won the affection of not just regular Nigerian drivers, but also various government agencies thanks to its many advantages. The 406 was produced from 1995 to 2004, but there are still plenty of people who value this vehicle. Check out the Peugeot 406 price in Nigeria plus its specs!
Find the best offers on Peugeot 406 in Nigeria on Jiji
1. Peugeot 406 interior and exterior
The Peugeot 406 was designed as a versatile family car, which is why it’s available in all three most popular body types: estate, coupé, and saloon. Depending on the body type you go for, the wheelbase of your new 406 can range from 4,555 to 4,736 mm, although the seating capacity remains the same for each body type: the car can comfortably sit from 4 to 5 passengers.
The interior of the Peugeot 406 can be characterized by two things: roominess and build quality. If you look at a well-maintained 406 from 20 years ago, you will notice that the interior looks as fresh as the interior of a much newer car thanks to the high quality of the materials used in the construction.
2. Peugeot 406 specifications
Perhaps, the most important part of our Peugeot 406 review is the performance specification. The Peugeot 406 was powered by a variety of engines depending on the chosen body type. There was a 2.0L 4-cylinder engine, 2.2L diesel and petrol engines, 2.9 V6 engine, and 3.0L V6 engine.
Most of the Peugeot 406 cars produced in that decade came with a 4-speed automatic transmission, although fans of manual transmissions could still enjoy a 5-speed manual transmission that was available only with the 2.9L V6 Peugeot 406 engine.
The Peugeot 406 fuel consumption data is a major deciding factor for many car buyers, and we must say that the Peugeot 406 is not the most fuel efficient car you can buy. With a 12.9L/100km fuel consumption in the city cycle and 9.1L/100km in the combined cycle, fuel expenses are going to be a big part of your budget as a Peugeot 406 owner.
3. Peugeot 406 pros and cons
Like any popular car, the Peugeot 406 has both strong sides and drawbacks. Here is what most owners like and don’t like about their ride:
- Strong suspension installed in the 406 makes it easy and comfortable to drive through bumps and potholes.
- Smooth steering and effortless gear change mean you’ll enjoy every second of driving your Peugeot 406.
- Easy handling is one of the most essential components for a satisfying and stress-free driving experience on any distance.
- The build quality of the 406 helps this model maintain its great looks and driving characteristics for years after leaving the assembly line.
- The roomy interior makes the Peugeot 406 a solid choice for large families, carpooling to work, or even some light duty commercial use.
- The Peugeot 406 doesn’t cost too much to buy nowadays, but the running costs and fuel expenses will eat up a big part of your budget.
- The design of the 406 is very straightforward and simple, which may be a drawback for those who prefer more intricately designed vehicles.
- Without cruise control the car loses some of its attractiveness in terms of easy drive.
4. Peugeot 406 price
The price of the Peugeot 406 depends on two factors: the production year and origin of the car. If you’re looking for a Nigerian-used 406, you’ll need to pay ₦450,000-₦550,000 for your car. The price range for a Tokunbo Peugeot 406 is from ₦1,300,000 to ₦2,800,000.
Shop affordable Tokunbo cars on the Jiji app