If you have suffered from acne for years, you have probably tried every acne treatment on earth hoping that it would help you with the condition. But have you ever considered the fact that the most effective acne cream can be the one you make personally? Here is how to make acne cream with 3 popular recipes.
Shop effective acne treatments for every budget in Nigeria on Jiji
1. Zinc oxide cream
Zinc oxide is one of the best known elements against this common skin problem: some of the best acne treatment products contain zinc oxide. Here is what you’ll need to make zinc oxide acne cream:
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Aloe vera gel – 1/2 tsp
- Zinc oxide powder – 1/2 tsp
- Tea tree oil – 3-4 drops
Follow these steps to make your own natural acne cream with zinc oxide powder:
- Slowly melt the coconut oil in a microwave oven or in a double boiler.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the coconut oil, aloe vera gel, and tea tree oil.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the ingredients together.
- Start gradually adding the zinc oxide powder into the mix, continuing to whisk the cream.
- When the mixture looks lightweight and uniform, put the cream into a clean container and seal the lead.
2. Tea tree oil cream
Tea tree oil is another commonly used anti-acne ingredient: it’s very likely that the best face wash for acne you’ve ever used contained this ingredient. Here is what you’ll need to make acne cream with tea tree oil:
- Shea butter – 1/4 cup
- Rosehip seed oil – 2 tbsp
- Tea tree oil – 6 drops
- Lavender oil – 6 drops
- Vitamin C powder – 1 tbsp
Follow these steps to make your first batch of tea tree oil acne cream
- Slowly melt the shea butter using a double boiler or a low setting on your microwave.
- Add the essential oils one by one.
- Next, add 1 tablespoon of vitamin C powder.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the cream together until it’s light, smooth, and fluffy.
- Put the cream into a clean container and tightly shut the lid.
3. Aloe vera gel
Many acne patients actually consider gel formulas to be the best acne treatment: they have an oil-free, lightweight formula that is great for anyone with oily skin. Make your own acne gel using the following ingredients:
- Aloe vera gel – 1/4 cup
- Lavender oil – 10 drops
- Tea tree oil – 5 drops
- Cinnamon oil – 1-2 drops
When you have all the ingredients ready, follow these steps to make some natural anti-acne gel:
- Add freshly extracted aloe vera gel to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the essential oils one by one to the bowl.
- Whisk together the ingredients using an electric mixer.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into a squeeze bottle with a funnel.
- Store the gel with a tightly shut lid.
4. What else you can do
Making one of these acne creams and using it twice a day will soon make a difference in the way your skin feels and looks. However, there are some other ways to improve the condition of acne-prone skin:
- When buying new skin care products, always look for the “non-comedogenic” label on the package.
- Drink plenty of water and introduce some exercise into your life to help your skin flush out the toxins more effectively.
- A diet with reduced sugars, grease, and fast carbs and with more vegetables, fruits, and lean proteins works great against acne.
- Skin cleansing should be a regular part of your beauty routine, but the cleansing products shouldn’t be too abrasive.
- A healthy sleeping schedule can do wonders for the state of your skin.
Maintain your beauty with the products from the Jiji app