Cocoa butter for face is considered to be a holy grail product for chocolate-skinned beauties. A cocoa butter face cream or lotion can help with a variety of skin problems. Check out our top 7 picks for the best cocoa butter for black skin!
Shop affordable body butters in Nigeria on Jiji
1. Benefits of cocoa butter
So what exactly are the biggest cocoa butter skin benefits? Regular use of cocoa butter products has the following effects on your skin:
- Cocoa butter is perfect for dry skin. If you have chapped lips, dry elbows or legs, or other rough patches on your skin, simply treat them with a cocoa butter cream or pure cocoa butter to nourish your skin.
- Millions of people around the world use cocoa butter for scars, stretch marks, and other conditions preventing you from having smooth, even-coloured skin. Thanks to its deeply moisturizing and nourishing effect, you can also use cocoa butter for skin lightening.
- Cocoa butter is hypoallergenic and rich in vitamin E, which makes it an ideal product for anyone with skin allergies or eczema, when all other skin care products cause more rash and itchiness.
2. Top 7 cocoa butter lotions
Ready to find out what’s the best cocoa butter lotion for dark skin? Here are 7 products you are guaranteed to like!
Read about: best cream for chocolate skin
1. Shea Moisture African Black Soap Body Lotion
Sure, cocoa butter on its own is great, but it has an even better effect on your skin if you pair it with other valuable ingredients like shea butter, mango extract, oats, and aloe vera juice, which is exactly what you’ll get with this Shea Moisture lotion.
2. St. Ives Softening Body Lotion
Good skin care doesn’t need to cost a fortune, which is once again proven by St. Ives. Their softening body lotion is enriched with cocoa butter and vanilla bean extract, which gives you not only silky smooth skin, but also delights you with the wonderful flavour every time you open the bottle.
3. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion
The Palmers cocoa butter lineup of products has a lot of bestsellers, including the Palmers cocoa butter cream. This massage lotion with cocoa butter, vitamin E, and shea butter, is one of the most popular products against stretch marks. It both prevents the formation of new stretch marks and helps make the old ones less noticeable.
4. Burt’s Bees Body Lotion With Cocoa and Cupuaçu Butters
If you are looking for a body lotion with a strong moisturizing effect that has a lightweight formula and absorbs quickly into the skin, check out the lotion from Burt’s Bees! Made with two famous skin care butters, this product is 98.9% natural and can be used several times a day without any grease.
5. Nivea Cocoa Butter Body Lotion
Nivea has several products with cocoa butter for everyday use, but few of them are as popular as this body lotion. Designed specifically for dry and very dry skin, it can give you up to 48 hours of moisture and a visible effect on the skin already from the first use.
6. The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter
If you’re in need of a strong moisturizing effect in a more solid form, you’ll definitely like the cocoa butter body butter from The Body Shop. It’s a pleasure to look at, to smell and to apply. With this body butter, you will enjoy smooth, stretch mark-free skin day after day.
7. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Hand And Body Lotion
The Alba Botanica lotion is made with cocoa butter, shea butter, jojoba oil, and macadamia oil. This combination of ingredients, paired with the easily-absorbed formula, will make this lotion your new favourite. And don’t get us started on the heavenly tropical smell!
Find everything you need for taking care of your skin on the Jiji app