Premature ejaculation is a problem that affects millions of men around the world, but there is a big stigma concerning this condition, which is why premature ejaculation is rarely discussed and addressed by medical professionals. Here are the most effective premature ejaculation remedies.
Shop sexual wellness products in Nigeria on Jiji
1. What is premature ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation is a condition where a man ejaculates during the intercourse sooner than he or his partner would prefer, usually in under 1 minute. This condition can occur sporadically in most men due to a variety of factors, and in that case, it’s not a cause for worry. However, if the condition persists, a man can start feeling inadequate in bed, which can ruin his confidence and the level of sexual satisfaction in the relationship.
2. Premature ejaculation treatment
There are some medical methods of treating premature ejaculation, but all of them need to be discussed with your doctor and may not be for everybody. Before you resort to those methods, you can try some of the most effective home remedies for premature ejaculation.
- Abstinence. If the problem of premature ejaculation is bothering you too much, the reason may be that you experience too much pressure to perform well in bed. Abstaining from intimacy for a couple of weeks or even months can help you take your mind off the problem and regain some confidence.
- Pelvic floor training. When your pelvic floor muscles are strong and responsive enough, you get better control over the ejaculation process. You can find plenty of tutorials on pelvic floor exercises online, and the key here is to do them regularly to see any effect.
- Preparation. If you expect intimacy later in the day, you can prepare for it not only mentally, but also physically. Achieving a release from self-stimulation will help you last longer when it really matters – during that special time together with your partner.
- Dietary changes. In case you suffer from premature ejaculation for a prolonged period of time, you may want to introduce some changes to your diet. Eat foods that are rich in zinc and magnesium – the two nutrients that will help you control your release. Make sure your diet includes beans and peas, garlic, almonds, yoghurt, beef, spinach, and dark chocolate.
- Add some supplements. If you don’t think you can consume enough zinc and magnesium through food, you can increase their intake with the help of supplements. Zinc and libido will not only help with premature ejaculation, but will also boost your testosterone levels, increase your libido, and give you more energy.
- Creams and sprays. There is a huge variety of topical creams and sprays that contain an anaesthetic – usually, lidocaine or benzocaine – that temporarily numbs the sensations in your genital area and allow you to last longer in bed.
- Techniques. When you are already in the middle of intercourse and worry you may arrive sooner than you would have wanted, you can try one of the two popular premature ejaculation techniques: the stop-start technique and the pause-squeeze technique. The names of these techniques are pretty self-explanatory and have proven to be very effective.
Find the right product for every occasion on the Jiji app