For every skin condition, there are hundreds of products offered by the beauty industry. Those products can be effective or useless, but they all cost money. However, some of the most effective skin care products can be made at home with the ingredients you already have. Here is a recipe for a carrot facial scrub, nature’s solution for acne, scars, and other skin conditions.
Shop thousands of skin care products for any condition and budget on Jiji
1. What you’ll need
There are lots of carrot scrub recipes you can find online, and the truth is that you can create your own recipes based on the effect you are trying to achieve. However, there are also several tried and tested carrot scrub recipes that won the trust of numerous women around the world. Here is what you’ll need for the carrot scrub against acne and scars:
Read more: Face Scrubs For Acne-Prone And Oily Skin
- 1/2 of a medium-sized carrot
- Honey – 1tbsp
- Coconut oil – 1tsp
- Lemon juice – 1tsp
2. How to make a carrot scrub
Making a carrot scrub for acne, scars, and other skin issues is even easier than you think. Here are the steps you’ll need to take to get your natural acne treatment:
- Finely grate the washed and peeled carrot.
- Mix the grated carrot, honey, lemon juice, and coconut oil in the bowl.
- Massage the mixture onto your face for about 5 minutes.
- Leave it on for an extra 15 to 20 minutes if you want to use it as a mask.
- Wash the scrub off and apply a light moisturizer to lock in the moisture.
3. Why does it work?
Carrot is one of the most overlooked natural skin care ingredients in the world. You probably use carrots in cooking every day, but you may never have gotten the idea to try it in skin care until now. The reason why carrots work so well for a variety of skin problems is that it’s packed with nutrients that help combat different issues. Here is what makes the ingredients in this scrub so effective against common skin issues:
- Vitamin C in carrots and lemon juice increases collagen production to maintain your skin’s elasticity and youthful look, quickly makes acne scars and hyperpigmentation disappear, and treats inflammation and irritation in your skin.
- Vitamins A and K in carrots are powerful natural antioxidants that prevent and treat various kinds of damage to the skin. They also regulate oil production and prevent new acne breakouts.
- Vitamin E in carrots effectively moisturizes the skin and boosts the production of new skin cells, making your skin feel rejuvenated and more supple.
- Honey is one of nature’s best-known exfoliators. It removes anything that prevents your skin from glowing and instantly makes your skin smooth and soft.
- Beta-carotene acts as a natural exfoliator. It gently but effectively removes dead skin cells and excess oil, as well as boosts the production of new skin cells for a younger, rejuvenated look.
- Coconut oil helps the ingredients stay together and has a strong moisturizing effect, preventing your skin from getting too dry or irritated from the scrub.
Buy and sell with confidence from your phone using the Jiji app