March 29th marks one of the most important events in the tech world of 2017. For months fans of mobile phones and gadgets have been searching the web for Samsung Galaxy S8 news, and now that the phone is finally here, thousands of buyers rushed online to see what the new phone looks like and what it’s capable of. See the most important features of the new Samsung Galaxy S8!
Buy your new mobile phone easily via Jiji
1. Samsung Galaxy S8 specs: what’s new
There have been a lot of rumors surrounding the release of the new Samsung model, from pretty reasonable to completely unbelievable ones. Here are the features we liked the most about the most anticipated tech release of Spring 2017.
- Two sizes. Much like the iPhone, Samsung flagship devices will now come in two sizes. Samsung Galaxy S8 will feature a 5.8-inch screen, which is a big upgrade to the previous Samsung models. The S8 Plus model will be equipped with an even bigger, 6.2-inch display.
- Curvy design. If you’re a fan of soft curves in Samsung devices, like the ones we’ve previously seen on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, you’re in luck, because the Galaxy S8 will feature a trendy curvy display and a generally more rounded design.
- Removed buttons. While Samsung is not the first smartphone brand to completely remove the buttons from the front of the device, the transition to a no-button design is the most notable with the Samsung Galaxy S8. The fingerprint scanner was moved to the back of the phone as well.
- Iris scanner. If you’ve always thought that the fingerprint scanner doesn’t provide you with a necessary level of security, the iris scanner is exactly what you need. Introduced first in the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, the iris scanner removes the risk of anyone breaking into the device.
- Color options. In case you’re not a fan of monochrome mobile phone design, then the Galaxy S8 phone is right up your street. Available in five attractive shades, with more colors expected to be released, anyone can find their ideal phone in the S8 lineup of devices.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://jiji.ng/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s8?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=jiji” size=”large” icon_position=”left” shape=”square” color_class=”otw-red”]Click for price[/otw_shortcode_button]
|Dimensions (mm) (width x height x thickness):||148.9 x 68.1 x 8|
|5.8 inches, 84.8 cm2|
|Memory||64 GB, 4 GB RAM|
|8-megapixel iSight camera|
|Front camera||12MP photos and HD video (720p)|
|Sensors||Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2|
|Colour||Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold, Rose Pink, Burgundy Red|
2. Samsung Galaxy S8 hardware
Although the visual aspect is very important when shopping for a new phone, buyers are usually much more interested in what a particular model can offer in terms of performance. In any Samsung Galaxy S8 review you will find a selection of specs that make the S8 one of the most desirable models of the year. These are the most important ones:
- 4GB of RAM;
- 64GB of memory;
- Exynos 8895 processor;
- 3.5mm headphone jack;
- 12MP back and 8MP front cameras;
- 3000mAh and 3500mAh batteries for S8 and S8 Plus;
- Wireless charging.
3. Samsung Galaxy S8 price
If you’re still in doubt whether you need to upgrade your mobile phone, the price can often become the deciding factor. Of course, outstanding gadgets are rarely the most affordable ones, which is why all of the advantages of the Samsung Galaxy S8 come at a price. You will be able to buy the S8 for approximately $799, while the bigger S8 Plus will retail for $899. While this price is definitely higher than prices for mid-range Samsung phone, the features and visual appeal of this flagship model are definitely worth it.
Choose your new favorite phone easily via Jiji app