The wedding day is something that ideally happens only once in a lifetime, which is why brides-to-be put great effort into achieving a flawless bridal look.
Whether you go for traditional bridal makeup or choose something more modern, there are many steps in creating beautiful makeup. Find out how to look even more stunning on your special day!
Find high quality makeup services on Jiji
1. Nigerian makeup before and after
One of the best ways to get inspiration is to check out Nigerian bridal makeup pictures. Performed by the top makeup artists and stylists of Nigeria, these bridal makeup looks will help you find the right style for you.
If you still can’t decide how to do bridal makeup, here are some of our favorite looks from the last few years. Bet you’ll find at least one that you’ll want to recreate for your own wedding!
1. A beautiful transformation in pink and purple hues.
2. A nude makeup look for a stylish bride.
3. A feminine trendy bridal look.
2. How to create your ideal wedding look
Whether you are doing Nigerian bridal makeup by yourself or plan to order services from a professional makeup artist, you still need valuable bridal makeup tips.
They will not only help you achieve your best look on your wedding day, but also become better at applying makeup and knowing what looks great on you. The most traditional Nigerian wedding makeup includes the following steps.
- Skin prep. During this step you need to prepare your face for putting on makeup and helping it last longer. First cleanse the skin, then apply moisturizer, wait for it to absorb, and use a high quality primer that will fill in the pores, smooth out the wrinkles, and help the foundation stay on.
- Skin tone. The most important aspect of any makeup look is the glowing, healthy, and radiant skin. Choose the makeup products according to your skin tone: for example, a foundation with a dewy finish is not a good choice for oily skin. Generally, you will need foundation and powder, as well as a concealer, blush, and highlighter.
- Eye makeup. The key with eye makeup is to not overdo it to avoid an unnatural look. You need to decide where your accent is going to be, and if you want to put emphasis on your lips, keep the eye makeup minimal. A simple eyeliner, creamy eye shadow, and mascara with an eyelash curler can become your perfect bridal look. However, if you want to create a more dramatic look, opt for fake eyelashes. Don’t forget to paint your eyebrows too!
- Lip makeup. There is going to be a lot of kissing, talking, eating and drinking on your wedding day, which is why your lip makeup should be durable.Use a lip scrub and lip balm for the smoothest lips, then apply lip primer, and then your lip product of choice. It can be a liquid matte lipstick, a regular satin lipstick, or a tinted lip gloss, although the last two options will need you to regularly refresh your makeup.
3. Nigerian bridal makeup tutorial
Nothing helps you understand the essential steps to your stunning wedding day look than a bridal makeup video tutorial.
This one will not only teach you how to create a beautiful bridal makeup with gold and red accents, but will also show how to tie a gele. Enjoy!
Hey Guys! Hope your well! It’s been a while I know.. I was in Lagos for a wedding. I have been wanting to do a Nigerian bridal makeup look for a while now so here it is! It’s not a talk over, so get a drink, sit back, relax and enjoy the process.
Have a perfect wedding with the Jiji app