- 1. Palm kernel oil benefits and dangers
- 2. Palm kernel oil in baby formula
- 3. Uses of palm kernel oil in the beauty industry
Palm kernel oil is a product received from the fruit of the oil palm. Numerous benefits of palm kernel oil today are an important subject of study since it has negative properties as well.
Edible palm kernel oil is the basis of many food products (condensed milk, margarine, mayonnaise, confectionery products, infant formulas), and it’s also widely used for deep frying.
Numerous benefits of palm kernel oil on hair and skin is another important moment. That’s why it is added to various soaps, creams, and other skin care products.
Wanna find the best quality products on the Web? Buy agriculture and foodstuff on Jiji!
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://jiji.ng/24-palm-oil/kernel?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=article” size=”large” icon_position=”left” shape=”square” color_class=”otw-red”]Click for price[/otw_shortcode_button]
1. Palm kernel oil benefits and dangers
1.1. Health benefits of palm kernel oil
- Large amounts of carotenoids act as powerful antioxidants and positively affect the weakened hair and skin – this is the reason why palm kernel oil is widely used in the beauty industry.
- The oil is also the record holder for the vitamin E load, consisting of tocotrienols and tocopherol that fight free radicals triggering cancer onset.
- The oil contains triglycine that are digested very quickly, and when they get into the liver, they go on to produce energy without getting into the bloodstream – so the oil is beneficial for people who experience difficulties digesting other fats as well as for athletes.
- A lot of unsaturated fats like oleic and linoleic acid that helps lower blood cholesterol levels, participate in structuring the bones, joints and are beneficial for skin health.
- Absence of certain fats that can cause atherosclerosis.
- The presence of oleic acid.
- Provitamin A ensures the functioning of the vision analyzer and participates in the production of visual retinal pigment.
- Red palm kernel oil is the most beneficial due to the high content of carotene.
1.2. Palm kernel oil dangers
- It’s rich in saturated fats that in a large amount can cause cardiovascular diseases.
- It requires high temperatures to melt, that is why it’s most likely to stay in your body as waste.
Therefore, palm oil benefits and side effects, according to different sources, often outweigh each other, although a lot depends on the quality and the type of palm oil.
2. Palm kernel oil in baby formula
Benefits of palm kernel oil for babies is quite a controversial topic, because:
- Palmitic acid from palm oil is digested in the intestines of the infant worse than the breast milk acid.
- Since palm oil forms insoluble compounds (soaps) making the baby’s stool more solid. Therefore, defecation occurs less often. It promotes constipation.
- It’s not an easily digestible fat product for babies.
3. Uses of palm kernel oil in the beauty industry
Due to the high load of vitamin E in its composition, palm kernel oil gently affects the skin, moisturizing it and protecting it from drying out.
- You can prevent the appearance of wrinkles and remove pigmented spots from your face and the body. Your skin will get the necessary vitamins and become elastic, so you will definitely see this in the mirror.
- You can use palm kernel oil to create different masks, creams and soaps as well as partially use it in its pure form.
- To cleanse the skin, you can use pure palm kernel oil or pair it with coconut or olive oil.
3.1. Natural Palm Oil Face Mask
3.2. African Black Soap – palm kernel oil
3.3. Natural Hair Growth Deep Conditioning Treatment with Red Palm Oil Wash day Routine
3.4. RED PALM OIL+AVOCADO: HAIR CARE
3.5. Natural Hair | How To Use Red Palm Oil for Super Moisturized and Manageable Hair
Install free updated Jiji app now – best contemporary solution for profitable online shopping!