It’s virtually impossible to imagine an owambe party without a true Asun. So, if you’re a big Asun fan and want to surprise your friends with really tender and yummy meat – read on! We are going to tell you how to make Asun in the best way possible!
Now you don’t have to waste your precious time looking for your perfect Asun recipe. Simply follow these instructions and you will make yourself a feast to remember!
Spice up your everyday online-shopping with Jiji!
1. Quick Intro
The goat meat name, Asun, is a widely popular Yoruba delicacy made of tasty grilled or barbecued hot-seasoned assorted goat meat that is very common in Nigeria. With this marvelous recipe, you will be able to cook this treat yourself. Keep on reading to check out goat meat stew Nigerian recipe!
1.1. How to make peppered meat Asun: the ingredients
- 2 kg (2.6 lbs) of goat meat with the skin;
- 2 (or how much you like) habanero peppers;
- 1 medium-sized onion;
- 3 large bouillon cubes;
- 1 tsp of thyme;
- Salt to your liking;
- 1 cooking spoon of any vegetable oil;
- Black pepper if you like it.
1.2. To garnish
- 1 medium-sized onion;
- 1 little green bell pepper;
- 1 little red bell pepper.
- Chop the goat meat into large pieces. The chunks must have the goatskin on for a true Asun.
- Wash and place the goat meat pieces into a bowl.
- Add the thyme, black pepper, and crushed bouillon cubes. You can add any other seasonings to your taste.
- Mix the spices and the meat with your hands.
- Cover everything with a thin film and leave for 1 hour in the fridge (or skip the marinating step at all).
- Mince the habanero peppers.
- Cut 1 onion into 4 big pieces.
And these have been all the Asun meat preparations!
1.4. How to prepare Asun: the process
- After you have marinated the goat meat, put it into a pot. Using a pressure cooker is a great idea since the goat meat is quite tough.
- Add water so that it just covers half of the goat meat, place the large onion pieces and cook over medium heat. The water must dry up by the time the goat meat is done to a turn.
- When the goat meat is done, the big chunks of onions should be removed and the dish should be salted.
- Cook at high heat and stir at the final stage of cooking until all the rest of the liquid in the pot is gone.
- Place the meat on your oven rack.
- Grill in the oven at 180°C till the meat is covered with yummy brown crust (about 15 min). Turn the pieces over occasionally.
- While the meat is being grilled, wash and slice the green and red bell pepper, as well as the remaining onion and put them on toothpicks.
- As soon as the meat it well grilled, heat the vegetable oil in a large pot.
- Fry the pepper a bit in the oil (you can add the remaining thick goat meat broth).
- Add the roasted meat.
- Mix well till everything looks oily and glowing.
This is how to cook goat meat! Serve the dish with fresh vegetables.
2. How to make Asun with cow meat?
Wondering how to make Asun meat with other kinds of meat? Check out this recipe:
- Cut tomatoes;
- Cut peppers;
- Diced onions;
- Stock cube;
- Vegetable oil;
2.2. How to make Asun without an oven – preparation:
- Chop the meat into little pieces, spice them properly and cook till it’s tender. Drain the meat.
- Fry the meat in batches to ensure the yummy crust.
- When the meat is properly fried, add onions, and in two minutes add tomatoes and pepper. Stir well until you get the dry sauce.
- Add salt, stock cube, and other seasonings and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes!
Asun is roasted goat meat and is a nigerian delicacy served at parties as appetizers otherwise known as small chops. This is a step by step video created by 1qfoodplatter, nigerian food blog. Recipe on www.1qfoodplatter.com
Install free updated Jiji app now – choose the easiest and convenient way to save money with Jiji!