The majority of women dreams to be slim and fit. However, being skinny doesn’t mean you can wear everything you want. You’ll still need to try a bunch of outfits before choosing something that doesn’t look too baggy or improperly oversized.
However, picking Ankara styles for skinny ladies usually isn’t difficult. They can easily go with bright geometric patterns and horizontal stripes. If you are ready to argue, we’ve picked some really cool Ankara designs for slim ladies that can evoke some ideas and inspire your next look.
What to wear if you’re skinny
Before checking Ankara outfits for slim ladies, let’s recollect the basics. There are several rules that will make shopping easier and help you look attractive and confident in new clothes.
- Emphasize your petite body type. Wearing oversized clothes all the time often reminds sickly look.
- Forget about too tight clothes. Ironically, it has the opposite effect but the same result. Your jutting ribs aren’t the best part of the body to show off.
- Experiment with chiseled styles. Multilayers is your thing! Combine different elements: poloneck with wool dress, tank tee with a shirt and other styles.
- Choose expressive textures and patterns. Outfits made of velvet, cashmere, wool, and knitted fabric will look amazing on you.
- Say yes to bright colors. Large prints and color explosions are certainly your highlight. But avoid clearly vertical patterns — they can make you more skinny visually.
- Mind the lengths. As a rule, medium-length skirts and dresses will look better than mini, but there are exceptions.
There was a time, when jumpsuits were associated with workers or infants. Nowadays, it seems almost ridiculous. Depending on a model, a jumpsuit can become a perfect outfit for leisure or business affairs. Besides, slightly loose clothes will help you to look less skinny.
Ankara tops for slim ladies impress with the amount of models. From office blouses to crop tops, from cut-away shoulders to floor-length cloaks — can find probably any style you can think of in its Ankara representation.
Why don’t jackets come together with tops? It would be wrong to leave the leave out the following models. Besides, you can combine some of them with Ankara tops or dresses. Just pay attention to colors, and it won’t be too much.
Skirt & blouse
Now, let’s talk about classics — Ankara skirt and blouse for slim ladies. As you could notice, traditional Nigerian outfits more and more often appear in fashion collections of European and American designers. Today you can find the diversity of styles for all body types that will leave you speechless.
Last but not least, Ankara gown styles for slim ladies. After you check out the latest Ankara gown styles for slim ladies, you will be impressed by how modern designers manage to reconceptualize traditional fabrics and patterns, bringing them to life in entirely unique and sometimes unexpected gown styles.